We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun activities book at hotel or online

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fun activities book at hotel or online

Hi it's our first time to Cancun this weekend and we would like to book some fun excursions like snorkeling or zip line or swim in the cenotes. Should I wait to book those activities at the hotel(I'm staying at the Paradiseus) or book them online with the park or tour guide sites like alltournative guides or Xcaret or XeHal. I want to know what is the best way to go and any tips I should know before we go on any activities. Thanks all for help!

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun activities book at hotel or online

I like the flexibility of waiting and booking there. You can still go on-line and comparison shop, too.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun activities book at hotel or online

I always recommend booking once there. You just never know what the weather will be like, you may find something else/better you want to do after talking with fellow travelers in person

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun activities book at hotel or online

That is soo true I didn't think about the weather, thanks for your input!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun activities book at hotel or online

Do both. Take your laptop or tablet, use free wifi and book online if you don't find a better deal when you arrive. That's what we do. Look up the info before we go and then check at the mall for better pricing (without the timeshare sales pitch) and at the travel desk at your resort. Then make your decision on when you want to go and book the cheapest way.

Cheryl

5. Re: Fun activities book at hotel or online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:16