We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

Ohio
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

I'm staying at GR Solaris in January. I read somewhere that you can pay a fee and visit the Gran Caribe or The Royal Solaris. I understand that if you are already staying at the Gran Caribe that you can visit The Royal Solaris provided you are staying in one of the suites at the Gran Caribe.

Has anyone that has stayed at the GR Solaris visited either of those resorts, and if so, what was the fee?

Has anyone ever just upgraded straight from the GR Solaris over to The Royal Solaris for a reasonable price after your arrival?

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

Well, the GR Solaris is an upgrade from the Royal Solaris, not the other way around and the only reason you can use the Royal Solaris while at the GR Caribe is because they are pretty much the same property. As for the fee, I can't help you, but on average, a day pass runs about $60.00 to $100.00 per person at AI Resorts.

Lambertville, MI
Level Contributor
434 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

And the GR Caribe and the Gran Caribe are two different hotel chains.

santa fe, NM
Level Contributor
108 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

I had understood that if you are staying at the GR Solaris that you have access to the Royal Solaris but i dont know? We leave thursday for the GR Solaris so i will know soon

Ohio
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

I think I confused myself going back and forth endlessly looking at reviews/photos/ of these places. After awhile they all looked the same. And the name similarity doesn't help haha Thanks for everyone's input!

Florida
Level Contributor
263 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

This may help: http://www.grsolariscancunresort.com/

There are 2 other sister hotels 1/4 mile south down the beach from your hotel (GR Solaris). Thee Royal Solaris, and directly next door is the GR Caribe. If you stay at the GR Caribe you may use all the facilities at the Royal Solaris, but not vice versa. I'm uncertain what privileges you'd have staying at the GR Solaris. All 3 have different wrist bands that ID where you're staying and at what level (member, non-member, RCI, guest). You probably can spend the day at the Royal Solaris, but frankly I think your hotel is a nicer choice.

6. Re: Staying at GR Solaris, can you visit GR Caribe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 06:18