We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

Ontario
Level Contributor
172 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

We found a flight that gets us into Cancun at 11:30 p.m. and we're staying on Isla Mujeres. Any suggestions as to where to stay that night since we won't be able to make our way to the island? Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,490 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

If it were me, I would take a shared van to the center of Cozumel where you have many choices in all price ranges. I believe the cost is about 12 dollars. One suggestion is the Hotel Ibis on the street as you arrive in the city. A good hotel with reasonable rates. One advantage is that , in case you arrive hungry, Ibis offers 24 hour snack service in their restaurant and bar.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

I think Robert meant to say center of Cancun (not Cozumel)...

hotel Ibis... ibis.com/gb/…

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
741 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

What we do is go on hotwire. You pick the star level and get it for at least half price. We did it for the last two days of our 9 night stay in January. We got the Westin. A couple of years a go we did it also in Cancun and got the Hilton. It is nice because you can still stay some place decent for cheep. Then head over to the Island in the morning. Enjoy your trip and make a lot of memories.

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
The Westin Lagunamar...
5,864 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,490 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

Thanks , tdg. Thats it exactly!

Everyone has their own preferences but I don´t want the hassle of going to the hotel zone for a quick overnight stay. The Ibis is part of a ¨decent¨ French hotel chain and my guess is their full price is less than the others half price.

5. Re: Late night arrival - where to stay in Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:16