We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

new york
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Hi

Are either of the above stores near this hotel? I'm looking to buy a few cartons of cigarettes.

Thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

there is actually a 7-11 close by across street from Marriott next to Pemex gas. OXXO is everywhere also, never heard of or ever seen Kiosko , most convenience stores in Cancun are either ror OXXO's

Edited: 15 December 2013, 17:21
new york
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Thanks, BVD.

We go to Puerto Vallarta a lot (23 years and counting) and besides Oxxo they have Kiosko also.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Yes, Kiosko is a small regional chain and not in this part of Mexico. OXXO has over 10,000 stores all over Mexico.

new york
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Thanks Robert. That's good to know.

Va
Level Contributor
10,988 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

OXXO is across the street and to the right when you walk out the front of the resort.

new york
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Thanks , Sunngod.

Can you tell me where the nearest Walmart is to the hotel?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Most tourists go to the Walmart on Av Xcaret in El Centro. If you do a search above, you'll find all kinds of info on how to get there and back. There's also a Superama in Centro on Av Bonampak that is even closer.

As far a cigarettes, if you come in to Cancun's Terminal #3, you may want to check out the price at the Duty Free store. It is after you go through Immigration and before you go through Customs, opposite the baggage claim area.

Edited: 16 December 2013, 01:09
new york
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

Thanks, CancunMole.

I was headig to Walmart to buy booze. If you know of somewhere else near Secrets that has good prices, would you mind sharing?

I'll make sure to watch out for the duty free when we arrive.

Va
Level Contributor
10,988 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

To get to Walmart you take the R2 or r15 to downtown. You will get off after the 4th intersection (the first two are roundabouts). For a reference, when you pass the Dominos Pizza on the left http://goo.gl/maps/58wEH , push the button for the next stop. When you get off the bus, you cross the street and follow the road that runs perpendicular to the road the bus was on and you will walk right into walmart on the next block over. It is real easy. You can use google maps to familiarize yourself with the route if you want. This is the bus stop: http://goo.gl/maps/wlyfP If you spin it to the left you will see walmart.

Walmart will have the best price on smokes and liquor. They will also have the largest selection. Some say that the Mexican cigarettes are not the same as the US ones. You may want to buy a pack to try before stocking up.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Oxxo or Kiosko near Secrets the Vine?

For booze there is a La Europa in the Hotel Zone, lagoon side KM 13 +/- but the prices at Walmart are usually better. Secrets is at KM 14 +.

Although I am now PURE, LOL, I can say that the Mexican cigs are quite a bit harsher than the US ones. IMO, the cigs in the airport Duty Free shops are closer to what one gets in the US.