We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
279 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

Hello my fellow Cancun/Riviera Maya travelers! Super excited as this is my first time to the eastern side of Mexico! After much searching, I finally have my rooms for 6 nights. Dec 23rd/24th at the Royal PDC, 25th and 26th at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya and the 27th/28th in the Cancun Hotel Zone. 3 neighborhoods/6 nights. Any help or advice you can give for a first time traveler. I have rented a car. I have rooms booked at all AI's (I know, bummer--totally against my travel style--but when in Rome). Can you please tell me what to expect, what to hope for and what to do while there. I hate shopping. I love adventures. Should I take a boat to Cozumel for one day? Should I drive to Tulum? Should I worry about driving in Mexico? Should I hit one bar or restaurant in Playa or Cancun that is thru the roof? xoxo

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

Ok, where to start? That's a lot of resorts in that many days. Most people don't change hotels that much.

The Royal PDC is right in town. You will be able to walk around to explore/eat/drink easily and will not need your car.

The Hard Rock is newly renovated. Are you staying on the family side, or the adult only "heaven"side? Many recent reports say this newly refurbished resort is still under quite a bit of construction. The Hard Rock Riv Maya is south of PDC so if you wanted to go to Tulum Id do it from there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
279 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

Thank you Texas. I know, 3 resorts, 2 days each is alot, but I am not a fan of sitting on my butt all day, so staying at the same resort (especially the same AI) for 6 days would make me stir crazy. I love changing hotels and seeing new neighborhoods the first time I go to a new city. I have heard reports about the HR RM and construction just a few days ago, but was assured the family side was completely finished and amazing. I would have preferred to stay on the Heaven side, but after a phone call to the hotel, we decided to stay on the family side bc we didn't want to deal with construction. I will report back on my thoughts, have you heard any different? Do you think we should go to Tulum to go snorkeling or take the 30 min ferry I just read about from PDC to Cozumel for the day? Do you know anything about the Royal PDC?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

Why would you leave RPDC?

Sounds like a lot of work for a vacation- have a great trip! Enjoy!

Go to Fusion put your toes in the sand and enjoy wonderful cocktails and great food . If you stay late enough you'll see the fire show.

Hit up bad boys beach club for some drinks and then head down to Wah Wah beach club for great drinks, views, and fun people.

Edited: 20 December 2013, 05:29
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

Watch out about driving a rental car I have heard from more than one couple about being pulled over due to speeding, when really not speeding. The plates on the rentals are different color then the people that live there. Both couples had to pay the police off $100 or go to court. This is just an FYI. Ok I would defiantly go to Cozmel. The Riviara has a great tour that offers snorkeling ad jet skiing that is out of this world and beautiful. It's by the sink hole in the ocean ask about it they will know. You have to see Coco Bongo nite club in Cancun or Playa. You can book and go with your hotel for $50 unlimited drinks and VIP. Have a wonderful time!!

5. Re: Hotels are booked! Now need your help for Dec 23rd-29th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 06:18