We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Hi myself, Mum and my two daughters (ages 13 & 10) will be travelling cancùn for 10 nights and will be staying at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort.

Which restaurants are the nicest in the hotel? Can we eat at the Moon Palace Grand since we are travelling all inclusive and can we use the moon palace grand pools as well as the moon palace golf & spa resort?

What is the entertainment like at night?

Which malls would be worth while travelling to? And what are the shops like? How would we get to the shops? Is there a bus shuttle in our hotel which takes us to them?

We also have $2000 worth of hotel credits to spend, what can we buy these with?

Many thanks :)

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Please help! :) :\ :(

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

You can use all the restaurants, bars and pools throughout the complex.

There is a great kids club where your daughters can meet other kids. There is also a wave machine where they can learn to surf. Lots of activities round the pools if you like to join in.

You can take a free bus to the sister hotel in Cancun -where you can use everything without charge. We had a great day there and my boys loved the beach. There are shops in Cancun, but they seemed quite expensive. Moon palace has some shops but again they are expensive. So make sure you take sun cream etc from home.

The hotel is really beautiful. Hope you have an amazing trip.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 11:03
Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Thanks for replying :-) Is the sisters hotel beach better? Can you eat and drink there without charge? Do you need mosquito nets? Should we take $ or pesos? What about tipping...how much? What is on at night for entertainment? Did you have resort credits?

Beverly Hills...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

OMG! I am so jealous! We stayed in the "Grand" section...absolutely beautiful! Rooms are huge with jaccuzi tub, aroma therapy pillows (ask for it).....actually you can ask for about ANYTHING and their reply will ALWAYS be MY PLEASURE! Service is Excellent, food is awesome and hospitality is unmatched. This resort is HUGE, however you can easily travel from one section to another (i.e., sunrise section, Golf and Spa and Minuc) via golf cart of on site shuttles. You have access to all restaurants, bars and even other Moon Palace Resorts should you wish to leave this resort. We took a taxi to Playa Del Carmen (about 50 min away), ate breakfast at their sister resort, they have an awesome beach and then took the water taxi to Cozumel to spend the day at Cozumel Palace...again food and beverages are included! LOVE....LOVE this place!!!! Going back in November of next year. You will NOT regret staying in the "Grand" section....it is much more peaceful and yet just a golf cart away from the loud music in the Sunrise section. Bon Voyage!

Beverly Hills...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

There is not a nice beach at Moon Palace Golf & Spa HOWEVER, the pools are huge and beautiful. Tips are included but we chose to tip our room attendant in US dollars (they work so hard) and our favorite bartenders. You can change your money at the hotel lobby desk but we did not really leave the resort so we had no need.

Beverly Hills...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

We had resort credits when booking at the Moon Grand...manicure/pedicure....massage and we also used some credits for the Dolphin Swim....which is a MUST DO...right there on the resort!!!

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Are you charged to use the sun loungers/parasols on the beach? If you go to Beach Palace do they allow you to use their sun loungers and towels at the pool and also on their beach....are they free?

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

What's the water taxi? Is it included?

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Beach towels are free as part of all-inclusive. They will issue towel cards at check-in. You then exchange these cards for towels when you want them at the beach or swimming pool. When you return the towels you get towel cards back.

These cards to be returned while checking out... there is supposedly a $20 per card charge if missing.

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Water taxi and/or taxi from/to airport is not included in the all-inclusive.

However, if you are booking a tour then it might be included as part of that. So check for that in the tour you picked.

We were travelling with kids and our tour to Wet and Wild included the boat ride.

Like everyone else said... it is great resort. The artificial surf boarding is fun, the pools are great... all inclusive worked well with tons of eating and drinking options. We stayed with the kids for 6 days and did not leave the resort much.

The only thing to my disappointment was the beach. Don't get me wrong, the beach is clean and has great white sand, but has a lot of see weed. We did not enjoy running into beach waves we were so hoping for in the warm weather of Cancun.