We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going this week?!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
939 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone going this week?!

First trip to Cancun, leaving very early Thursday morning from frigid Boston. Can not wait to sit outside, never mind on a beach, at this point! Any last minute preparations, advice? Bags are packed, just trying yo decide whether to get a professional pedicure or do it myself...life is good :)

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Lincoln, Rhode...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going this week?!

We leave Tuesday morning out of Providence, RI! :) so excited!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going this week?!

Roll Call post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k683866…

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going this week?!

Judging from your posts over the weeks, you've certainly done your due diligence, and appear very well prepared. You must be an organized, detailed oriented person. Good on ya!

Having been many times over the 20 plus years traveling here, my advice would be to *get out of the hotel zone* for a full day, minimum. Better, several days. Believe it or not, there is a large percentage of tourists that never leave the HZ, and that's such a shame. They aren't experiencing the region nor its culture, and are only short changing themselves when traveling this far not to get out. Also, use as much espanol as you can. The locals really appreciate it, and give you an *A* for effort. Bugs me (and probably them) to see so many gringos not ever even making an attempt. And, use pesos, not USD. Embrace the culture. Immerse yourselves.

Have a great time, and stop back to let us know the highlights. Oh, and remember to have two pens with you on your flight. One for you and one for the amateur that forgot theirs, and wants to borrow yours. It usually gets handed throughout the cabin ;)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going this week?!

Rompers

massachusetts
Level Contributor
939 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going this week?!

Belasogno, thanks for the tips.We do have a day to Chichen Itza already booked and will definitely do a day on Isla . We also MAY try XPlor but if not, I'm now researching a day in Tulum or Playa Del Carmen in case the hotel zone gets old fast. I was just looking a YouTube videos of Mercado 23 and 28 and 23 looks so much more interesting for us.I'm thinking our first early morning might be a good time to visit since with the time zone change we will be very early. Pens are in my carry on. I do like to do as much research as possible before a trip because I hate wasting vacation time doing it there.NicoleB....I so wish I was flying out of TF Green instead of Boston,safe travels to you.Cancunone...rompers?

Mentioned in this post
Xplor Park
Xplor Park
15,158 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
massachusetts
Level Contributor
939 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going this week?!

Oh, and hubby is picking up pesos today AND I have learned to order a glass of red wine like a native! Should be all set......seriously we will use our rudimentary Spanish,or at least try.

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going this week?!

We fly from Pittsburgh tomorrow! The only trip we booked ahead of time was Xplor so hopefully it will be fun. Heck of course it will be fun because it won't be snowing!

Edited: 04 January 2014, 18:39
Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Xplor Park
Xplor Park
15,158 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone going this week?!

Definitely professional pedicure...a simple indulgence I afford myself before I leave for any vacation! Helps to start the vacation off on an early, fantastic note!!

Have a wonderful trip!

9. Re: Anyone going this week?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 05:18