We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Parnassus

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
135 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Parnassus

Hello! We are **this close** to pulling the trigger on a 4 night trip in February...found a great package with direct flights and the 4 nights at the Golden Parnassus. Just wondering if I can get any comments/opinions/etc on this resort? I did look at the reviews, which are mostly good...but I love the forums opinion as well!

We've done a fair amount of travel, and are expecting nothing more than a quick getaway - ability to hang at the pool, walk the beach, watch the sun rise, maybe an excursion one day - don't need high-end for this trip...

Anyone who is familiar with the property from a recent stay?

Illinois
Level Contributor
473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Parnassus

The Golden Parnassus is exactly what you are looking for. We have been going to Cancun for several years and initially liked to try a different resort each year, until we found the Golden Parnassus. Now it is the only place we stay when we go to Cancun. Good, food, drink, beach and service in a clean resort is exactly what the Golden Parnassus is and you'll find that most guests are repeat visitors. Actually, I underestimated the service because the Staff at the Golden Parnassus is second to none and provide the most friendly, attentive and courteous service you will find anywhere. We are booked for the end of April and are looking forward to another great vacation at the GP.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Parnassus

Having been there a couple years back, I would say the reviews align well with the experience. Smallish resort, a little older and not lavish, but great customer service. I think I'd put it at 3.5-4 stars and it was a good value when I stayed.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Parnassus

Been there 30 plus times. Great in the mid range hotels. Be there Tomorrow and end of Jan

Edited: 04 January 2014, 14:59
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Parnassus

No im going to fac tomorrow, and the golden at the end of the month. Sorry

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Parnassus

The staff was great. The food was great. The room was fine. The view was amazing. However, we found it difficult to relax due to the behavior of other guests. It was an "old guys/old girls gone wild" situation - Obnoxious behavior in/around the pool, yelling and screaming at all hours, etc.

Tulsa
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Parnassus

I went last summer. I'm 24 so I was a little younger than most the crowd, but I still enjoyed it. The resort is really nice and has great service and drinks. The food is even pretty good. I had a really good time, I think you'll enjoy it.

New Hampton
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Parnassus

We are heading to the G.P. end of jan-first wk of feb! Most of the reviews are good, some not so good. I, know you cant satisify every-one all the time, but imo, think the resort will be just fine for our tastes!! And am definatily ready to get out of the tundra here in N.E.iowa... Neeeed some sun and fun ;)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Parnassus

One of our favorites. We've spent a lot more for resorts we liked a lot less!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Parnassus

" It was an "old guys/old girls gone wild" situation"

Might have been the crowd there at the time, we did not experience that at all.

(And what is the difference between "old guys/girls or young guys/girls", which I have witnessed more often at other resorts?)

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Parnassus

" It was an "old guys/old girls gone wild" situation"

Might have been the crowd there at the time, we did not experience that at all.

(And what is the difference between "old guys/girls or young guys/girls", which I have witnessed more often at other resorts?)

Just a lot of behavior from people who are old enough to know better and should have a better sense that their inconsiderate behavior impacts others. Case in point - I would expect to walk around vomit at the Oasis during spring break; I wouldn't expect to have to do that at an adults only place as did when we were there. Adults should know how dangerous it is to bring GLASS bottles of tequila to the pool area (which wasn't stopped by the staff).

Edited: 05 January 2014, 01:48