We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

We are two couples in our early fifties , and are looking at Cancun but don't know where to stay.

Budget is 2300. Cad per person. Looking for nice beach, nightly entertainment, swim up pool. Great food.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

How long is the $2300 CDN supposed to last? Does it include airfare?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Yes the 2300 is all in . I saw a deal for Sun Palace for 2200.00 for 7 days

Budget does not include extras such as tips and shopping

Edited: 06 January 2014, 00:38
Sw Ohio
Level Contributor
893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

What dates are you wanting to travel as most rates are based on the season? I also don't know how Cad compares to USd.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

"Great food" is subjective. I've been to several all inclusive resorts where the food was between ok and what I would consider to be very good but for anyone seeking "great food", I'm not sure I'd recommend anything other than a very, VERY high end all inclusive, such as Grand Velas.

Almost every all inclusive resort will offer nightly entertainment and the vast majority of them have swim up bars (I'm guessing that's what's mean by "swim up pool").

If you're willing to go outside the Cancun area, I'd politely suggest you consider the following resorts which all tick your boxes and have the added bonus of being adult only:

- Iberostar Grand Paraiso

- Secrets Maroma Beach

- Royal Hideaway

Whether or not they will fit your budget depends upon what time of year you're looking at and how long you're planning on staying.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

It very much depends on when you plan on going. Also, need more about your likes/dislikes. Big place or small, fancy or casual, all adult or all ages, quiet or lively, close to town -- or doesn't matter, on the beach, or doesn't matter, etc

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Looking at either end for February or beginning of April. Canadian dollar is almost at par with US think the exchange today was US .95 on a Canadian dollar.

Dislike rocky beaches . Resort size does not matter. Adults only if possible. Close to town so we can go out at night. On the beach would be my first choice.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

"Close to town so we can go out at night. "

At Playa del Carmen, that'd be Royal Playa del Carmen or Royal Hideaway for adult only. More budget friendly but not adult only would be any of the Rius in Playacar (the Tequila is not on the beach).

8. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:20