We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Yes they are! Glad i brought my Nike sweat suit. Es mucho frio. 65 degrees w a 25 mph wind from the north. The ocean is very angry!

Good thing there is lots of tequila on hand. Lol Drinking mimosas for breakfast rt now. Plan on getting crazy when the bar opens w some tequila shots. That will warm things up, ya think?

So, the punch line is, for those that ask if jackets and pants are needed from time to time? Yes they are!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

65 degrees and a strong wind? Shorts and windbreaker for me. Even the windbreaker may not be needed.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

yeah, I am sitting at -5 right now, 65 degrees is great. If I were on a boat I might consider a wind breaker kind of thing, on land, pants, but probably shorts and shirt I am good to go.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

That's freezing to me and I live in ohio where it's -30 right now. Went to punta Cana in November and wore pants on the beach the whole time:( I can only do beach vacations in the summer when you NEED to jump into the pool:)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Co pilot lol, jenny next Door to the parididus

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Forgot to say, cloudy and raining

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
302 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Yikies! It's -10 here, but I'm a wussy when it comes to cold, especially that wind coming across the ocean! Guess I'll be packing a hoodie. Thanks for the update!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Copilot can you rephrase that?? I didn't understand! Sorry:)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

Jenny, that was cancunone. Perhaps a note that your company is preferred to mine.

One negative to trips this time of year is that many pools are too chilly for me. Cool air temp is one thing. Cool water another in the winter.

Summer is great. Unless you have to walk around a town with the sun beating on you and little wind.

Even in the winter, I leave Colorado in shorts and a light windbreaker. I would rather suffer a little getting from the car to the terminal that deal with otherwise useless blue jeans and a heavy jacket.

The windbreaker (sweater or equivalent) is also handy on the plane which can tend to be cool.

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

How about the beginning of March?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are jackets needed in Cancun during the winter?

I wanted clarify that i am in Cancun rt now copilot. just in case there was a misunderstanding. No one at the pool or beach.

I agree 65 in Texas is shorts and tank top all day long, every day. No matter how strong the wind.