We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volaris Airlines?

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Volaris Airlines?

So my airport ( Fresno, CA ) has added Volaris airlines and I'm pricing my 8th trip to Cancun for May. They are about $250.00 less than the other airlines. My question is ---- How are they??? Have you experienced any problems??? Is it worth it???? I don't mind leaving at 1AM. THANKS!!!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volaris Airlines?

They are generally fine. In the unlikely event of something going wrong you may find customer service a problem but 99.9% of the time things don't go wrong! In-flight service will of course be better than any U.S. airline.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 17:16
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Volaris Airlines?

I haven't used Volaris but others I know who have said it is fine but one thing to watch is its fees and rules. Like Allegiant, there are little things that can cause problems if you aren't familiar with all of the fees and rules. If you pay attention up front to them then you are less likely to have headaches later.

You might look over these links first before booking Volaris.

volaris.com/en/…

volaris.com/media/uploads/archivos/home/addi…

volaris.com/en/…

When we went to Cancun a few years ago we liked routing out of Fresno via GDL. Clearing customs on the return in Fresno was a breeze compared to some of the customs operations I've dealt with at larger airports.

toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volaris Airlines?

Have flown twice on Volaris between DF and Cancun and I would rate them as excellent .

West Hollywood...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Volaris Airlines?

For those in the US who have paid through their website, do you know if your bank charges you international fees?? Rumor has it that on top of your flight cost your bank might change you the international fees in case their booking servers are located internationally? Im traveling from LAX to CUN in May, trying to see the deal.

Thanksss,

Anaheim Hills...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volaris Airlines?

I will be traveling with Volaris the first week of April and I'm not very happy with what I am seeing already. I booked a non stop flight from Tijuana to Cancun. I live in Orange County CA and I was willing to drive down to San Diego and take the non stop flight from Tijuana to Cancun. Well that will not be happening. My flight got changed and now I have a layover in Mexico City. I don't understand how they can just cancel a flight. The reason for driving down to Tijuana was to fly a non stop flight. I will never book with them again. I saved a good amount of money but rather pay for a reliable airline. First and last time with Volaris?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,268 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volaris Airlines?

Never had a problem with Volaris. Always good service. As far as just canceling a flight, I worked for a major US airline and we often did the same.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Volaris Airlines?

3 stops and a day later is not worth the savings for me. I still prefer the US Air to Phoenix to Cancun route.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Volaris Airlines?

I'm not sure where jwilbourn65 is getting 3 stops and a day later.

The schedule for May looks like 1 stop each way and same calendar day for each leg of the trip. Volaris departs Fresno at 1am nonstop to GDL then a change of planes and a nonstop to CUN arriving about 1pm. The return is an afternoon departure out of CUN nonstop to GDL then a change to a nonstop FAT flight arriving about 11:30pm.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 21:44
Anaheim Hills...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Volaris Airlines?

I have heard of US airlines cancelling flights due to weather or mechanical problems but it seems to me that this is not the case for Volaris. I have traveled to many places and have not been moved from a non stop flight both for my departure and return flight. I will make the best of it and I hope to have a pleasant trip to PDC.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Volaris Airlines?

FresnoFacts, when I looked it was 2 stops. Slight exaggeration on my part. Fresno to Guadalajara , Guadalajara to Mexico City, and then Mexico City to Cancun. Leaving Fresno at 2:45 am or so. I'm going to have to check again because the schedule you're sharing doesn't sound bad.