We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls - Hair Help Please!

UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Girls - Hair Help Please!

hey,

I have GHD straightners that i can NOT live without but have heard that they wont work in cancun!!!

Apparently you can buy 'step up' adaptors over here for ��40 to convert the power but can i buy one in Cancun for a more reasonable price?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
749 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

Not sure, but most likely an item like that will cost you more in Cancun. I would do a search on the internet and try to find a cheap price from a big company - - if you can't find a good price near your home.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Liverpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

If I was you, I wouldnt bother trying to straighten your hair. Its far too humid and it wont last even if you do manage to get it straight.

I wet to Cancun 2 years ago and after the first night of trying I gave up. In a place like Cancun you'll be having too much of a good time to be worrying about your hair.

Just put some mose on it and leave it to curl, it will save you so much time.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
749 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

Oh yeah - - if you are a water lover and will be in and out of the water or even near the ocean spray on the beach, combined with the constant ocean breezes, the humidity and very often wind everywhere, might as well go natural. Hard to see spending time in the hotel with hair concerns. But after showing up and wanting to look nice for evenings it is worth buying adpaters. But, many evenings you still might find humid breezes or wind.

I like to shower up after all day in the water, and then smooth through tons of gel and let air dry naturally. Then when I am outside in the evening the wind dries it kinda nice looking with the gel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
749 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

"...but after SHOWERING up . .. ." typo from above

UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

think i'll just tie my hair up if its that humid and it will only go frizzy again, a couple of practice runs at home may be in order for the natural look! Thanks (",)

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

My hair is straight as a rod at home, but as soon as they open the doors on the airplane, it goes wacky. I just throw leave in conditioner in it during the day (which protects it from the sun) and tie it back at night. The complete opposite happens when I come back home. No use fighting it, for me anyway.

England
Level Contributor
211 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

i nearly died last august when mine didnt work, well they do work but you cant get the ghd s to flash ,try useing BED HEAD after party.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

This is why women get their hair braided down there. You don't have to worry about your hair AT ALL the whole time you're on vacation.

New York
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

Has anyone used or know of a good hair sunscreen?

New York
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls - Hair Help Please!

bump