We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Marion, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

My husband and I are thinking of going to Cancun in June. We are wanting to stay in an all inclusive with a nice beach. I have been looking at Sun Palace. Thoughts ? Also have looked at Secrets resorts and like the swim out rooms at Paradisus La Perla. We would prefer adult only. Any help would be appreciated

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,156 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

All inclusive, nice beach, adult only, south of Cancun:

- Excellence Riviera Cancun (beach can have seagrass issues so may be unpleasant for swimming but great for lounging/walking);

- Valentin Imperial Maya (my personal favourite);

- Iberostar Grand;

- Secrets Maroma Beach (allegedly on one of the top 10 beaches in the world);

- El Dorado Maroma;

- Royal Hideaway;

- Catalonia Royal Tulum.

There's quite a disparity between the price points of these resorts but, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Iberostar Grand is a significant leap up from the Catalonia Royal Tulum and is priced accordingly. The only anomally tends to be Secrets Maroma Beach - many times you will pay an extra premium to be located on that spectacular beach.

If you want to stay right in Cancun, please ignore this post as all of these resorts are located further down the coast.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

La Perla is not known for its beach.

I agree with Llisa's comments above.

Valentin gets good reviews and prices well.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

I have stayed at several resorts in cancun and riviera maya! My very favorite is the Valentin imperial Maya. It's about 20 minutes south of the airport in puerto Morelos!! It's an adult only with lots of food choices, great beach and amazing service! 24 hour room service was a plus too! This year we are going to try the Live Aqua, but really want to go back to the Valentin!!

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18