We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

hi,

i'm going to xcaret from hotel zone. i've read you can get there on taxi, ado bus, mayab bus or with included transportation (tour xcaret). im looking for the CHEAPEST option. taxi definitely the most expensive, then tour xcaret, then ado and mayab bus (colectivos only run from playa del carmen, not from hotel zone, right?)

however, i've checked in ado's page and the saving is minimal. i've read mayab is cheaper but i can't find info on where to take it, where to buy the tickets, prices and what is the schedule.

HELP!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

I would be surprised if Mayab goes to Xcaret. If the ADO bus goes there and the price is fine, use that option.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

i think i read somewhere that Mayab goes there but leaves you on the highway where you have to take a ride on some xcaret's truck to the park (free).

do you know if ADO leaves right on the park?

thanks a lot!

Kansas City...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

Rent a car. The going rate is about $20 (including taxes) per day if you look right.

Kansas City...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

Forgot to mention - make sure you pre-buy the insurance. It's mandatory in MX

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

Second class bus schedules are here

ticketbus.com.mx

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

I love traveling cheap. You can take a city bus to the Centro and catch a southbound colectivo to Playa for almost nothing....40 pesos, maybe? The colectivos in Centro park on Ave Tulum next to Commercial Mexicana. Once in Playa I assume you can take a taxi to Xcaret quite cheaply, it's close.

This link shows you exactly where the colectivos are:

http://goo.gl/maps/4h3Tn

They will be lined up there, just walk up and say Playa and they will put you in the next one, it will leave when full.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

You can also take the Playa Express van that ends up close to the colectivos in PDC. The cost of the ADO bus is not much more than the colectivo or Playa Express units and should take less time and be more comfortable.

The taxi from PDC to Xplor is sometimes quoted at around $15 per taxi so Xcaret should be similar.

Peter, that is a great link. I will have to learn how to do that.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 18:13
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

I would do what peter826 said, except I'd probably colectivo from Playa to Xcaret.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

Correct me if I am wrong. Unless they Mayab bus goes to the Xcaret parking lot/entrance, either the Mayab bus or colectivo will drop you off on highway 307 at/near the road entrance to the Xcaret complex.

Perhaps there is van/truck or similar transportation from the highway to the entrance but if not, you would have to walk. Maybe Mapchick can provide the walking distance if you choose that option.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mayab bus to Xcaret; How much? Where to take it? Schedules?

thank you all for the info!

so to take the colectivo as peter says i have to take the buses in the hotel zone (R1, R2...)?