We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

So many resorts, so many reviews it makes it hard to choose which resort is better than the other...

Which resorts would others recommend from experience as being the best for adults only? Budget isn't a big concern and im not into partying.

I'm looking for something nice (newer he better) that isn't old or old feeling, very good food, nice beach where sun isn't blocked in the afternoon etc...

Looking for a resort in cancun only.

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Hands down, Le Blanc is our favorite adults only resort in Cancun. We had a fantastic stay there at the beginning of this month, and I can't wait to go back. The food, spa and service are second to none in the area. My review just posted today, so if you click on my name you can find it and read it if you like. We've also stayed at The Royal in Cancun (now the Hyatt Zilara), Excellence Playa Mujeres, Fiesta Americana Condesa, and Secrets Maroma Beach, and Le Blanc outshines all of them. We did really like Secrets Maroma, so Secrets the Vine (in Cancun) is a resort I would consider trying also.

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Also, all the resorts in Cancun lose sun on the beach in the afternoon, but Le Blanc has a pool on the lagoon side that gets sun all day. It is very nice.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

I ditto what cadillacqueen said; we also love LeBlanc and are headed back for our 5th stay in March.

Overall, it is the best adult only we have been to and we have stayed at quite a few including Live Aqua, Secrets Capri, El Dorado Royale/Casitas Royale, Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Excellence PM, Zoetry (when it was AO), El Dorado Seaside, El Dorado Maroma (our other favorite AO resort in MX).

LeBlanc wins for service, food, spa, fitness facilities, overall attention to detail. Love the views and the luxurious beds as well. Butler service is unobtrusive and very good.

The only resort that tops LeBlanc for us is Grand Velas, which is superb.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Some day I will have to try Grand Velas, but until then LeBlanc is definitely on the top of my list.

Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

whats the food like at this le blanc place, is it good quality, do need to make reservations at the restaurants?

I've heard a lot about secrets the vine, can anyone comment on it?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Live Aqua gets my vote. Not a party resort, but still had alot of fun at it. Heated pools, great food, and the building is sat a little further back from pools, so you still get sun in the afternoon. Great beach and La Isla Mall right across the road. We will definitely be back there sometime.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

The food at LeBlanc is very good to excellent and only the French restaurants requires reservations. Food was much better than at Live Aqua - both variety and quality - and I do not like that LA charges 60 per person extra to have dinner in their best restaurant and charges an exorbitant price for beach beds if you do not have a suite.

LA also lacks the better included wines and liquors that LB has for all guests and it is all butler.

We enjoyed LA but it is not Le Blanc.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Le Blanc is fantastic. For us, it was food, service, spa, fitness center, amazing beach set up (pillows on lounge chairs and ice buckets). Also, most comfortable and luxurious beds/ bedding of any resort we've been to and best mixed drinks. We are not even big drinkers so that final category doesn't typically appear on our list except that they were so good at Le Blanc. It's the only resort that interests us in the hotel zone.

CQ, I'm off to read your review now :-).

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

CQ--terrific review!!!!!

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend the best 5 star adults only AI in Cancun

Only negative about LaBlanc is they have no real balconies. The Royal/Hyatt Zilara rooms have ocean front balconies. To me that is a must so I would go with The RoyalHyatt