We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancun help

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bayside
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cancun help

We are ayoung couple in our 30's traveling with our three kids (15,13 & 6) we need an all inclusive that is affordable without compromising quality and cleanliness. This our first family vacation ever and i really want the kids to remember this. I feel the money i save on flight and hotel can be used on different activities such parasailing, jetskiing etc.. what should i do purchase my hotel an flight separately, as a package, during eeekdays only ( is there still nightly entertainment at nite on weekdays) i dont know how to begin saving or where i should stay or what to do. Btw my kids love to dance as do i and they love being around entertainment. Please help i wpuld like to book first week of september ( is that a good time to travel) HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancun help

Without knowing what your budget is, it is difficult to make suggestions. How long would you like to stay? Any idea what area you would like to be in, Cancun, Playa Del Carmen? Sept will be Hurricane season, something to consider. Something else to consider is most AI resorts, not all, but most consider kids over 12 to be adults in the room and those that do, only allow up to 3 adults per room. We ran into that issue when looking for our June 2014 trip with 13 yr old twins.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 09:00
Bayside
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cancun help

Thanks for helping, our budget is 3500- 4000 for flight and accomadations, i am aware that we will probably need 2 rooms and i guess it doesnt matter if cancun or playa del carmen we just want to have fun day and night.

So hurricane season begins early september. i guess we can go from 8/11 anywhere until 8/20 just that during time prices are higher and now i see why

Bayside
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cancun help

Thanks for helping, our budget is 3500- 4000 for flight and accomadations, i am aware that we will probably need 2 rooms and i guess it doesnt matter if cancun or playa del carmen we just want to have fun day and night.

So hurricane season begins early september. i guess we can go from 8/11 anywhere until 8/20 just that during time prices are higher and now i see why

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancun help

Hurricane season is from June to Dec I believe.

Room prices generally are per person per night. How long do you want to stay? Where are you flying from? All of that comes into consideration.

Though I've never rented a jet ski there, the prices are about $50.00 US for a half hour. That's not too bad, but if you need to watch your dollars, that gives you an idea of what prices to expect.

Do you plan on tipping? Tips are supposed to be included in all inclusive packages but moat here believe the employees make very little per day, so tipping is much appreciated.

Take a long look around this forum, and gauge the different resorts for prices.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,905 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cancun help

The Atlantic-Caribbean hurricane season is technically June 1 - November 30. Every one of my trips to Mexico has been within this timeframe. I've seen two Tropical Storms and have some experienced some other periods of heavy rain but have never "lost" more than about a day and half total in any one vacation to inclement weather. That said, I know the weather has been very weird for about the last 12 months with a lot more rain than usual.

OP - it would be most helpful if you could give us an idea of your PER NIGHT accommodation budget. (Given that your profile doesn't say where you're from, even if I wanted to try to figure out your flight costs, I can't.)

You say you want to have "fun day and night" but you don't give us any idea of what your idea of "fun" is other than saying that you and your kids love to dance and be around entertainment. More information would definitely be helpful here - d'you want kids clubs, d'you prefer pools to the beach (or vice versa), d'you want to be in town or is a more remote location ok, d'you plan on doing lots of excursions? If the answer to the last question is yes, then it may be that staying in a condo in town might work out better for you - IMHO, there's no point in paying for all the amenities of an AI if you're not going to be on-site most of the time to enjoy them.

OK, all that said, here are a few AI resorts to consider (disclaimer: I have no clue as to whether or not any of these would fall within your budget):

- any of Iberostars at Playa Paraiso - a complex of several resorts in one. The higher up the food chain to you, the more access you get. These resorts are very popular with families;

- Grand Palladium - similar to the IBs at Paraiso but much less of a "class" system; no matter which specific resort you stay at, you'll have access to the entire mega-complex;

- Club Med - always a hit with families;

- any of the Rius in Playacar. Great location as they're walking distance (or a short cab ride) to Playa del Carmen.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,008 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cancun help

I agree that the Iberostars are great and wildlife the kids would like. Palladium a 2nd close vote

Bahia for those that want a more economical choice

Go compare prices for these 3

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cancun help

OP, you may want to look at a resort my wife and I stayed at last month. Azul Fives in PDC. We both thought it was a nice resort, and it is very family friendly. The buffet breakfast was good, as well as the buffet dinners. We didn't get a chance to dine at the other restaurants, because of time. Just a long weekend.

We had a 1 bedroom suite. Full kitchen, with Marble countertops. Two bathrooms. Shower stall, and whirlpool bathtub. Not sure of they will let 5 stay in one room or not. Full living room and dining room. But as Llisa said, if you want to adventure out more, an AI probably won't be the best for you.

The posted prices I don't think are too high, but it does depend on the time of year too. Summer and into the fall is low time. I have read on these pages, that right after Thanksgiving, and before Christmas is the least expensive time of year. Lots of pools, and the main pool by the ocean is nice. The beach is very nice.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 15:58
Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cancun help

Royal Haciendas in Playa del Carmen would be a good choice- they have a two bedroom unit you could get, and their pricing seems reasonable.

The Palladiums and Barcelos let you put 5 in a room, so that might save you some money.

California, Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cancun help

Royal Haciendas just booked for end of April, family of six for $5400 all inclusive including air fare. Seems like a great deal for a 1600 sq feet of two bedroom suite.

California, Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cancun help

Thats for 8 night vacation