We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

Hey, I know I should look at forecasts, but were heading out to Riviera Maya on Sunday, was wondering if anyone has been out there in the last few days/week as all of Jan has showed bad weather, is it really that bad? I know its nothing I can control, but just wanna know if I should be packing my unbrella?! haha ... Staying at The Blue Bay Grand!

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

We just got back from Cancun on Tuesday, and we too were concerned about the weather forecast for our six nights down there. We shouldn't have been. All six days down there we had plenty of sun, and the last day was down right hot! The forecast of 40-50% chance of showers did not happen. Enjoy!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

I am worrying about the same thing. The 15 day forecast was showing mid 80's, now we are 4 days out and it looks like mid 70's and rain. :(

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

What with the unsettled weather in the contential US, 60's f one day and just above zero the next..This weather can have an effect on the the Gulf area..

Weather prognosticator's, are seldom 100 % in long range forecast's..40 to 50 % at best..

Most forecasts are computor models and are somewhat accurate for 2 to 3 days..After that, terms like 'stalled fronts', 'arctic blast', 'Gulf moisture', ' jet stream', along with a multitude of other's may enter into the equation..

I have found, just to check with another forecast, that suits your needs..

No need to stress over something you can't control... :)

SK
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

On the bright side, no need to pack a brolly. BBG has tons of them. Here's hoping you don't need them.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

Look at webcams

Do you trust your weather forecasts at home

No one in MX does

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
160 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

I've been to Cancun before...around this same time...& I don't recall as many posts complaining of so much rain and chillier weather! While, we are going next week and will enjoy this vacay regardless....I am hoping for more sun than rain :-). I've experienced the occasional shower, but the sun has always prevailed!

Also, I've been watching the forecasts & last week's extended forecast called for 80% thunderstorms & now much less! :-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

I know it seems to change on a daily basis, just nice to have confident posts stating the complete opposite. haha

Thankyou everyone for your replies, lets hope the rain stays away and doesnt follow me from not so sunny England, cos I think i've had my fair share of rain this month :)

Everyone whos going have a fun trip!

Helsinki
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

Today (friday) was my first day in Cancun this time and didn't see the sun at all. I was here about same time last year for two weeks and it didn't happen once back then.

Let's hope it gets better even if I was quite happy to change -15 celsius in Helsinki to +24 (or whatever it was) in Cancun, sun or no sun.

9. Re: Thunderstorms showing for next week and rain...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18