We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help picking first AI. No idea where to start!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need help picking first AI. No idea where to start!!!

I have never ever been to an AI before. In recent years my BF and I have cruised and I'm looking for a similar experience. What I enjoy about cruising is that me and my BF have completely different schedules (I work days and he works nights), but the ship is a. safe and b. has different activities and things to do that I don't mind being on my own half of the day. So I'm looking for a resort with a similar feel. I am looking for a nightly show and live music options. I don't want to feel limited on going to restaurants for dinner (no resorts where you can only eat at 3 a la cartes per visit). I'm also really hoping for an "all inclusive" experience, i.e., I don't want to constantly feel like I'm being told there's an upcharges for this restaurant, meal, drink (I don't drink top shelf, smirnoff and bacardi are fine), etc. Ideally I'd like to go to an adults only. We are willing to go off-peak and our budget for the hotel only portion will be 2,000-2,500 for 5-7 nights. Thanks in advance for suggestions!!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help picking first AI. No idea where to start!!!

Your budget is pretty good. Depending on what you want to spend on airfare, I'd check the travel sites for package deals. Hard Rock, Sun Palace and the new Hyatt that was the Royal Cancun should be within your budget.

Mentioned in this post
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
11,235 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Sun Palace
Sun Palace
6,572 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
The Royal Cancun All...
2,610 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help picking first AI. No idea where to start!!!

Definitely Sun Palace!

Mentioned in this post
Sun Palace
Sun Palace
6,572 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
3. Re: Need help picking first AI. No idea where to start!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 06:18