We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

Chapel Hill
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

Hello Informed Advisors,

I am returning to a Palace Property this coming November and I had some questions about the resort credit changes. I stayed at Le Blanc in November 2012 and we were able to use our resort credits to upgrade our room (booked through a Palace Member). Is this still possible? I don't see it mentioned on the website. I see that now, any unused credits can be credited towards a future trip, is that off the cost of the reservation or does it just add onto your credits for that trip? Any other substantial changes?

I appreciate the help!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

My understanding is that the new changes for this year include - you can no longer use credits for room upgrades; and the tax on credits used has gone up to 16%. I think - but don't know for sure - that the unused credits are credited for use on your next stay...but just for items (spa, excursions, wine upgrades, etc) that credits are used for, and not towards the cost of the room.

Chapel Hill
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

Well that sums it up. Many thanks.

Chapel Hill
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

Well that sums it up. Many thanks.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

That does seem to be the case. There have been several Palace reviews where they comment on no room upgrades any more. Still a good deal. Even without the credits the Palace resorts offer such wonderful service! Enjoy your trip!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

That is correct

6. Re: Palace Resorts - Resort Credits 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:22