We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

Sydney
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

Thanks for your help!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

Rates are based on number of people in the room and ages if kids are involved. Not like a traditional hotel where rate is often the same for 1-3 adults. It is not about the room, which is a fixed cost - it is about the all inclusive.

Ohio
Level Contributor
570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

Per person

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,547 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

To add to the foregoing (not contradict it), when you see a price quoted or published for an AI resort, it's invariably (always?) based on double occupancy (2 people in the room).

If you only have one person in the room, the price will not be half as a "single supplement" fee will apply. If you put a third person in the room, you will pay more than the double-occupancy rate.

Clear as mud, no?!

Ohio
Level Contributor
570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

Good point Llisa, forgot about that, singles pay more. Some website pricing can be tricky so always best to read everything carefully as many see the price then have sticker shock when they go to reserve as the price often doubles.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

I checked for a person travelling single for Live Aqua..The lowest category of room, now this included air fare, seems like it was around $ 500 cheaper than staying in the same double occupancy..The $500 was about the going cost of per person airfare..So basically one person was paying for the room as if it was double occupancy..

Some resorts, like the GCR, will offer upgrades, but the price is per person..

So it would behoove you to clarify, per room or per person..

Edited: 30 January 2014, 16:16
San Luis Potosi...
Level Contributor
606 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

Most all inclusive hotels have offers that involve 2 adults plus 2 children 12 and under in the price per day.

You should check if that is the price you are being charged or if that rate is available as it will be cheaper then paying a per person rate.

Usually prices are per person for all inclusive resorts when making reservations from outside the country.

Sydney
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

And is that always the case? I am looking at rates and not one website says that the rate is per person (even in the fine print). So when I see a rate of $240 per day that will be $240 per person per day? Sorry just very confused as it doesn't mention it anywhere!

San Luis Potosi...
Level Contributor
606 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

What hotel are you planning on staying at in what city? Some hotels even offer one published rate and a cheaper rate for people showing up willing to bargain, or calling and bargaining. Really depends on the hotel and when you are going and what kind of offers they are throwing around.

$240 a night would sound like a rate for a couple with two under 12 children.

Edited: 31 January 2014, 00:28
Sydney
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

It will just be my boyfriend and I... no idea which hotel yet just one of the ones in the main area on the beach in Cancun I guess :). We are going in January. I just wanted to get an idea of rates but if $240 is reasonable for a per night rate not per person then that's pretty good!

Ohio
Level Contributor
570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive resorts-pay per night or per person?

What site(s) are you checking prices?