We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

My girlfriend and I will be in Cancun from Jan 31 - Feb7, staying at the Krystal resort. We were told the all-inclusive cost per person/day is $56. Based on 6 days would be $336 per person ($672 total). I'm trying to decide if it's worth the cost or if we would actually save money by going to the grocery for food, booze, etc.

We've never stayed in Cancun...usually stay in Playa del Carmen. If we went the grocery route we would still probably eat out at least 2 or 3 nights. We like to drink on the beach and on some nights.

Andy advice or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,833 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Well, it kinda depends on just how much you like to eat and drink.

Some non-AI resorts won't let you take your own food/booze to the pool or consume your own stuff whilst occupying their beach loungers. I have no idea if this applies to the Krystal or not but you'll definitely want to check that out. For me, that would be the deal-breaker right there - if I could eat/drink my own stuff at the pool and beach, I'd go that route. If I had to purchase the food and drink for consumption at the pool and beach, I'd go AI.

PA
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Not a fan of AI.....But it seems like a steal.....My wife and I gauge on spending $100 per day (both of us; for food and going out to eat)..non AI... we stay in a time share with all the conveniences of home...

I've seen AI prices much more expensive... Just remember; once u get AI plan, you'll find yourself locked in at resort;;b/c u paid......But I must admit ::::::$56 is chump change for AI anymore.......

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

We always go AI, just because it is so convenient and we like splurging and getting all the drinks and food we want.

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Go for it!! $56 per person per day is a steal to eat/drink in Cancun (or anywhere for that matter!)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Yea, $56 a day is well worth it!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Not all of the A.I. resorts are equal..I can't speak personally of the Krystal, but at one time it was a pretty low end A.I.All beer was draft and no upper end booze..The food was less than stellar, with few dining options....

They may have changed, so take this info with a grain of salt..

Ohio
Level Contributor
530 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

Food is mediocre, at best, and alcohol is certainly the lowest of the low. If they have a bottle of top shelf stuff, its just a bottle of watered down top shelf stuff. When there last Feb and Aug, I drank only the beer as the other just wasn't worth the hassle. Did see a few people have their own and mix poolside though.

8. Re: Is the all-inclusive worth getting? Need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19