We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

PA
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Topic
What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

My wife and I always travel in March, b/c::::It's still friggin cold in PA.... Days get longer in March.....The Super Bowl has ended......February is too cool in Mexico and Caribbean for us....When we get back home, spring is around the corner.....And I love to make my friends and neighbors Jealous while they're freezing their butts off...lol

How about U?

ps....Florida in early October......We hardly ever travel in summer months..

Edited: 31 January 2014, 20:01
Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

We enjoy April...mostly because until this year I was teaching and it was a choice of traveling either in February (too cold) or April. Retirement has better choices!!

That being said...I still like the late April (after Easter) early May as a warm enough, but less crowded time of year.

Have done Cancun in August...can I say HOT!!! I am the first one to love hot weather-but that was a little to hot/humid even for me! (over 100 every day)

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

February... Cuz it's friggin cold in Pa. I don't care that it costs more...

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

February... Cuz it's friggin cold in Pa. I don't care that it costs more...

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

Jan/Feb.

Because it's friggin cold in MN, and 80-85 degrees is plenty warm for me.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

Cancun this year... girls trip but my husband and have been to Aruba in May/June, October, and December/January. It's still around 85-88 and the water, while a little bit cooler in what we would call fall and winter is nice and refreshing.

Any time of year is good. Outside of the hurricane belt.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
391 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

I'm with ttcl. February is about the worst month in Denver -- good time to be someplace warm. The only weather I worry about is on the drive to DIA.

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

We go in early-mid March because that's when we can with my work schedule (teacher) and we just need to get out of the cold. We've gone to Texas and friends have gone to Florida at the same time and it's just not as warm and beachy as Mexico. (Knock on wood) it seems that travelers are guaranteed warm and sunny in Mexico in March.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

When our kids were still in school we needed to go the Presidents week in mid February and never thought it was cold, as it is frigging cold here!

Then college rolled around and went a few times in January which the weather was cooler and much more rain

Went once in July, super hot but had a blast

Once in October again super hot but had a blast

Now were are returning in 5 days with our grown kids and can't wait!!!!

So I would February is our favorite time, the weather is great for us and it helps us to make it thru the last of winter

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

Like going mid to late March, because pools are warmer and coming back to Michigan, the weather is hopefully changing into Spring. Went Feb last year with girls and while nice to get away then, hated coming back to snow, ice and cold. Husband likes that time, because being a farmer, it is his big break before field work starts. Have always had excellent weather in March, too.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What month and why? CUN or anywhere else hot

For $$ reasons- we go in January. I'd prefer to go at the end of February though or early March.