We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Vacations to Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
627 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Apple Vacations to Cancun

Hi there- my husband and i are taking a quick trip (3 nights) at the end of March. One of my "requirements" for this weekend trip is a direct flight from Pittsburgh to maximize vacation time. I found a nice offering from Apple with a 7A AirTran flight (i believe it's a charter flight) which gets us to Cancun nice and early to enjoy a full day.

Does anyone have specific feedback on working with Apple? I know they have "been around" for a long time as a frequently see their ads, but have read a disturbing number of bad reviews / experiences on the company. My fear is that the flight will change and we'll lose an entire day of our already short trip (i know that can happen with any flight).

Thoughts?

Level Contributor
537 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

Personally, I have had nothing but perfection from Apple. I know of several people that have also used them, and none of them had anything bad to say at all. Just my two cents!

Enjoy your trip!

Sandy

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

I used Apple Vacations in early march 2013, with Apple vacation transfer to the resort..No problems...Can't speak to the airline..

Ohio
Level Contributor
530 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

I've had no issues with Apple here in Pittsburgh. We've used them for weekend getaways as well as week long trips and even used them for only the non stop flight. The only thing I would do differently is arrange for my own transportation as I don't want to be stuck in a vehicle making multiple stops. The local rep has a great staff here at PIT.

Va
Level Contributor
10,770 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

What can happen with a charter flight is that if they can't fill it in one city, you will stop in another. Apple would do this frequently with flights out of BWI, that they would stop in Atlanta if they couldn't fill the plane. I would also line up private transportation. Apple basically took everyone from the flight and put us on a big bus that stopped at almost every resort between the airport and Tulum. What should have been an hour took us 2.5.

Ohio
Level Contributor
530 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

That has yet to happen out of Pittsburgh. The flight does originate in Cleveland but has never been rerouted once it leaves Pittsburgh.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

A few of our trips have been with Apple and all has gone well. And I agree with Sungod about booking a private transfer. I believe it was Apple who put us on a large bus the 1 time we decided not to book private or nonstop transfer.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
627 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

wow - quick feedback! thanks so much. We're looking at the Aqua Live or Secrets Vine - I am pretty sure both of these places are in the hotel zone and are easily cab-able? (I haven't been to Cancun in about 15 years).

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
627 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

Also- BadBud - I didn't realize Apple had local offices - i thought they were online only? Do you have a local # or name of someone I should use? Would much rather use someone local than deal with a call center.

Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
530 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

They are not offices per se, they are local travel agents that, I would guess, have an agreement with Apple to use the name and the ability to arrange reservations through the Apple system. I will message you the rep I've chosen whom is in Moon.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple Vacations to Cancun

We've used Apple in the past, but have found lately that FunJet is a little cheaper. Both use (and share) AirTran charters out of Milwaukee. Every flight we've been on has been full, so there's never been any rerouting. The only complaint I've ever had with Apple is that the rep in the hotel wasn't there when he said he would be. But the only thing you need him (or her) for is to confirm your return flight & pickup time...and you can do that by phone. Just ask the concierge to help you get in touch with the local Apple office, and you'll be fine....in the event the rep is a no-show.

Years ago, they used to put us on buses and make stops at various hotels along the way. Now it seems to be smaller vans with only one or two stops. So depending on where you stay in the hotel zone, it could add 5 minutes to the trip. If the Apple package includes the transfer....I'd use it.

Enjoy!