We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Really we arrived Friday to great weather, great room, great service, great food and a really great pool!

Ate at Zen Friday night, very good show and food

Saturday was hot and sunny and spent the day at the pool. The entertainment staff keeps you going! Went out to the Market about 5 pm for some quick shopping then headed back for dinner at Impanema, great Brazilian steak house and finished with Mayan coffee.

Today looks like another hot sunny day! No rain and it was 82 yesterday

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,366 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Have a great time mcmomny...................Hard Rock Cancun really has a differant vibe than all the other Hard Rock / Palace resorts doesn't it? I really liked having a full Lobby bar with entertainment as early as 6:00 PM.

We were on the top floor in the middle with a Concierge Room..................really great view!!

Mentioned in this post
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
11,235 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Thanks Bob!

Yes this place has been great! Everyone has been treating us so well and the views are great!

This suite has lagoon and ocean view so we can see the run rise and the sun set and it is at the end of the hallway so very quiet.

Great breakfast at the Market today and getting ready to head out to the pool soon!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

We stayed at the HRC last November and had a great room with a wonderful view. Service also was great. Nice to have the beach back and great for walking.

MN
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Wondering if members automatically get concierge level. We are traveling with members next week and can't seem to confirm whether or not we are on the concierge level! Hope the weather continues to be beautiful. We are 11 days from departure! Enjoy......

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

My sister is heading there in March!

Do you need to make reservations for any restaurants like the show cooking?

what night is the chefs Plate..I think they have that there. How much in resort credits?

Many kids around? I see there is a kids pool...where is that..see pics but don't see it by the main pool. Not that my sister needs that!! she will be mostly avoiding them I think LOL

what kind of entertainment do they have at night. any bands or dancing?

Love to know what places you like to eat th best as your trip goes by.

I think that is enough questions for now !!!

Have fun and thanks!!!!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

SeeSee............I'll answer some questions and mcmomny can fill in the rest.

No need for reservations for the restaurants. Even if 100% occupied if your at dinner before 7:00PM your fine.

There are usually not to many kids around especially with 13 pools.

The kids pool is quite nice and in front of building #7.

Depending on when you booked the credits are as much as $2,000.00

There is a Romantic dinner you can get with credits but no Chef's dinner as of yet. I have talked with people in the know and a Chef's dinner is in the future,

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

I heard there was only a buffet for lunch, is the food good there? How about seafood, we love seafood. Last question…are there shows at night or at least dancing. I want to take my daughter and her BFF to somewhere lively for her college graduation gift and can't decide if she would have a better time at Hard Rock or Secrets the Vine. She does like a decent amount of activity. I ruled out RIU Cancun because I also heard the beach was small.

Mentioned in this post
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
11,235 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Secrets The Vine Cancun
9,813 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

No reservations needed at all and so far no waits and we are a group of 6!

There are more kids then I expected, maybe 40 or so but most are Internationals. Lots of Mexicans, Brazil, Scotland, Russians, England, Chile and I kinda feel like the minority right now!

The pool games have been fun and entertaining especially with all of the different languages around here!

We are here with no members perks or frills so can't answer the questions about concierges or not, but we are on the 11 th floor and in a fabulous suite

So far the buffet has been great for breakfast and we ate lunch there today to get out of the heat, had fish tacos! Yum. But the pool grill has burgers, fries, chicken and then there is the wood fired pizza also!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Hi, we're going in June.

Is their a Domino's pizza located near the Hard Rock Cancun? I think their used to be, but I just wanted to know if it is still in the area?

How is the room service menu? Can you give me some examples of what is on it? Do you think it's a good selection or is it limited?

Is the Mexican restaurant open during lunch? I've read that sometimes it is, but when we were there last time, it was closed. Will it be open for lunch in June?

I like to order tacos for lunch, can I do this from the snack bar outside? I didn't see this as an option at the market lunch buffet when we were there last September.

Thanks! Enjoy the sun.

Mentioned in this post
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
11,235 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm here at the Hard Rock now, any questions?2 yesterday

Sorry I got mixed up with Hard Rock Punta Cana. There is one large pool at Hard Rock Cancun with two swim-up bars. The 13 pools is at Hard Rock Punta Cana..................my bad.

Mentioned in this post
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
11,235 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico