We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos in Feb

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos in Feb

Hi, just wondered, we are travelling out next week and wanted to know if there are many mossies around this time of year?? didnt know whether to bother with bug spray?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

yes there are, bring spray

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

15 years of traveling to Mexico and Cancun in February I have only encountered mosquitos once so I don't bother bringing bug spray anymore, here right now and haven't seen any yet

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

I have travelled to the Yucatan in all fall, winter and spring months. I have always seen mosquitos at sundown and in the evening. They find me. I was just there last week and there were mosquitoes.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

20+ trips - never seen a mosquito. Of course we always stay in the hotel zone, and a couple of times in PDC, and never in any of the less built up areas with proximity to large amounts of foliage. If you're staying in the HZ...don't bother.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

Hi all, great I'm not one for getting bitten but mum mum who's travelling with us does!!

We are in the hotel zone so don't think I'll bother!

Thank you all for the replies!! :-) looking forward to getting away from all this rain next week!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

Been 6 times now, and only time we've encountered mosquitos was at the Cenote's in Rivera Maya area. Never at the resort. I wouldn't waste the packing space.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

Hi there, thank you, think i will save the space in my suitcase!!

We are just having a chill out week so probably won't be venturing too far out anyway :-)

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

Been there in Dec, Jan and Feb, and have never seen, nor heard a mossy. No flies either for that matter.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

Just got back Saturday night. Friday night I got bitten on the ankle while sitting on our balcony. They hadn't bothered me all week.

10. Re: Mosquitos in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:21