We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

London
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Topic
Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

Hi would anyone know if there is a place nearby to Moon Palace to buy cigarettes are if they are expensive? Thank you for your help.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

I cannot personally speak for Moon Palace, but most resort gift shops run around $5.00 US per pack if not more. On arrival at Cancun Airport, Terminal 3 has a duty free for arriving passengers. It is smaller than the outgoing one, but it carries most US brands and quite a few British brands, I.e. Dunhill, ect...... They range from $25.00 to $40.00 US a carton ( 10 packs). Also, the pharmacies in downtown Cancun and Puerto Morelos sell cigarettes much cheaper than resorts. You are located between those two towns....

London
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

Hi thank you. I will get some at the duty free when we arrive. Thank you for your help.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

Yes American brand cigarettes are available, not sure of brands from England..You are allowed to bring in cigarettes without a charge. If you have a favorite brand you might consider packing some from home...I forget the amount but it is considerable..Here it is..

11.Passengers over 18 years of age, may bring in a maximum of up to 20 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco and up to three liters of alcoholic beverages, and six liters of wine. Items in excess of the above cannot be imported without complying with applicable regulations and restrictions.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 17:21
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

Cheaper and better quality if u buy them from duty free from UK.

5. Re: Cigarettes at Moon Palace Cancum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 05:18