We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Akumal to Chichen Itza

Leslie, Michigan
5 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Akumal to Chichen Itza

Can anyone reccomend the best and safest way to get from Akumal to Chichen Itza?

We are considering renting a car, but would prefer a cheaper (and safer) option if there is one. Would you feel comfortable driving from Akumal/Tulum to Chichen Itza? It's a little over 2 hours of driving inland.

I am seeing mixed reviews on renting a car vs. going without a car. We arrive next week, so I would like to make a rental reservation by tomorrow, so if you have any information, please share! Easywayrentacar.com is where I plan to rent from if that is what we decide to do.

Thanks!

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Akumal to Chichen Itza

We rented a car and just drove. Note, it will probably be closer to 2.5 hours each way, as from Akumal you will have to drive to Tulum and take the free road to Coba, when you get to the roundabout shortly before Coba ruins, take the turnoff for Chemax and Valladolid.

2. Re: How to get from Akumal to Chichen Itza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:17