We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet-ski rentals - ocean side

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
jet-ski rentals - ocean side

Do any of the hotels offer jet ski rentals from the beach? I just got back from a stay at the Hilton and the only places I found for jet ski rentals was aquaworld where you are stuck in the lagoon side and a small rental at playa tortugas where you are in the ocean but kind of far from the hotel zone and the water is murky.

One thing I did notice is that the surf in the hotel zone can be pretty strong so it might be tricky getting a jet ski out if you are not real experienced.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jet-ski rentals - ocean side

We just got back from the Hilton last week. The only oceanside jet ski rentals I could find were independent people, no one related to hotels. I asked the guy at the Aquaworld tent on the beach and he said he could only shuttle people back and forth to the parasail.

I did snorkeling on the bay side last trip and was going to do wave runners, but at dinner one night on the bay side, we saw an 8 ft. alligator swim up to the shore. Thought better after that.

One thing about the private rental jet skis. Note any and all damage before you go out (like you would a rental car), as they will try to pin any damage they see on you, even if you didn't do it.

As for getting out, once you get past the wave break, it's really fun in the ocean.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: jet-ski rentals - ocean side

There is a jet-ski rental company off the Fiesta Coral Beach resort. They also offer other water sport stuff. This is inbetween the Dreams resort and the Fiesta Coral Beach resort, the side that has calm water.

3. Re: jet-ski rentals - ocean side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 21:16