We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exit Tax

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Exit Tax

Can this be paid by card or does it have to be cash and ifs cash only does it matter if it's dollars or peso? Thank you.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exit Tax

It can always be paid in cash in either pesos or pounds. Occasionally dollars are accepted but not always. Generally cards are not accepted but I have heard of a very rare time when a card was accepted (presumably when the passenger had run out of cash!). But for the least hassle just make sure you have cash in pounds or pesos (£50 or 900 pesos each according to latest reports).

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exit Tax

Oh right so it can be paid in English pounds? I've been to Cancun several times but not for the last 7 years and I've completely forgot how we paid before.

3. Re: Exit Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:17