We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights prices from the uk - Easter

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flights prices from the uk - Easter

Hi there

We are planning a big family reunion next Easter (2015) in the cancun area and have found a great villa to rent for our stay. Before we book we want to get an idea of flight prices from the uk at this time of year so we can budget and I was hoping anyone going this Easter or a previous Easter would be able to give an idea of what they paid for their flights and when they booked?

We will be coming from the london area and have young children so would prefer direct flights, we are also tied to school holidays although may be able to go a couple of earlier if it makes a big difference to the price.

Many thanks

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights prices from the uk - Easter

Just go to the BA and Virgin websites and do some dummy bookings for different dates around Easter 2014. These are the two scheduled airlines that have nonstop flights. Should be around £800 in Economy this year. More in 2015. You can book about 11 months ahead and beat any price increases.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 20:20
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights prices from the uk - Easter

About £900 return for a nonstop, around £800 for a one-stop via the U.S. on BA or AA or a combination. That assumes a minimum of 10 nights between 5th and 20th April.

newcastle
Level Contributor
792 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights prices from the uk - Easter

BA flights come on sale 355 days before. We're flying at easter this year with them (using miles) but I think generally the earlier you book with them, or if you book in the first possible sale you will get better deals. Our flights seem to be virtually fully booked this year, so doing a dummy booking comparing 2014 will probably not work as the flight prices are much higher.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights prices from the uk - Easter

My previous answer was based on 2014 not 2015 - apologies! I don't think you will be able to book more than around 9 months out but generally the earlier the better. Prices have increased dramatically consistently over the last 2-3 years. I can actually fly twice the distance to Australia for way cheaper than I can to Mexico!

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights prices from the uk - Easter

Thanks all, I had thought we may be looking at nearer £600/£700 but good to be prepared and will try and book early.

6. Re: Flights prices from the uk - Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:19