We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby friendly all-inclusive?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
baby friendly all-inclusive?

We are looking to to Mexico either mid May or June with our 16 month old baby to Cancun area. This will be our first family trip with baby. We definitely want a nice all inclusive baby friendly resort. Since we will be traveling with a baby, we don't want to do a 3 hour flight, then have to trek another hour plus to the hotel...so something relatively close to the airport would be ideal. We are going to be paying for our my in-laws to come with us, so we want to keep costs down (around 700-850/pp for 3 nights), but still want to stay somewhere nice.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Also, any tips on what to bring for the baby would be great. We are first time parents attempting to travel with baby for the first time.

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

Check out the Royal Sands. You can get a two bedroom villa with large living room, kitchen, balcony - great for traveling with baby & mother-in-law!!!

It's not really set up as a great all-inclusive, I prefer to rent from an owner and pay as we go, plus there are so many great restaurants in Cancun.

The Royal Sands has two HUGE kiddie pools, kid actvities and is a great family resort. Use USA transfers, they offer child seats to get you to your hotel.

What's great about the Royal Sands is when the baby is up at the crack of dawn everyone doesn't have to be!! Plus if the baby needs to take naps you have plenty of room to hang out.

Bring from home: Baby float with shade, rash guard shirt, swim diapers, baby food (they have Gerber, but different flavors) and small umbrella stroller.

We've been bringing our children since they are babies to Cancun and they like it better than Disney!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

You could look at the El Cid which also has 2 and 3 bedroom suites. It is in Puerto Morelos, so not far from the airport. I would bring hats (I always keep them wet for the babies), sunscreen (it is very expensive there), any baby medication you will need, swimmers and enough diapers and wipes for a day or two. We always buy our diapers, wipes and formula there. No need for baby food since they have plain pasta, rice, cereal, they will mash up veggies for you or you can cut them really small.

We've been taking our babies (all three and now four) since they were each 5 months old with no problems. Make sure you have a stroller with a shade and an under carriage, but too big so that you won't be able to fold it up and take it on local transportation.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

While I suppose it is a low mid range resort, the Great Parnassus is very baby friendly...

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

hi! we are also going to cancun with our (will then be) 16 month old the first week of june! we are booking grand park royal caribe. so so nervous. please share your packing list and other to-do etc lists : )

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

If we are going for a week or more, we only bring enough wipes, diapers, formula for the first day or so and they buy it there. It takes a lot of room. No need to worry about food, cereal, plain pasta, mashed up veggies, fruit and there and they are perfect for babies. we also like to feed our kids lots of yogurt on holidays. Make sure you have a couple good hats and keep them wet. A few sippy cups and plenty of soothers if you lose one of them. A sturdy medium sized stroller that folds up nice is great to push around, but compact enough to go on the local transportation (busses or colectivos).

Make sure you have lots of little snacks for the plane (sugar free suckers are messy, but a god send).

You will enjoy:)

Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

We booked Riu Cancun and we have a 7month and a 3and a half year old also our first family vacation .i am taking everything i need i dont want to waisy time shopping in Cancun :)

Corinth, TX
Level Contributor
34 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

Although I didn't travel there with a child (unless you count my husband(, I thought the Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Puerto Morelos - an all inclusive - had a really great looking kid section meant for toddlers. We saw a lot of little ones there. Don't know the prices but if you get a garden view "regular" room it's sure to be less expensive than the ocean view or privileged sections. go to the TA site and check out the traveler photos. I'm guessing some folks would have posted pictures of the kiddie pool area.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

What was your experience with your babies? We are traveling with toddlers in Jan. I want something upscale but kid friendly.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 09:27
Dallas
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

Try paradisus riviera la Esmeralda. We decided to take this trip just the two of us and left baby home with the grandparents. Stayed at their sister property, the adult side the "La Perla" and loved it and want to go back with baby to the family side - La Esmeralda. The properties are right next to each other with the shared restaurants in the middle. Service there is EXCELLENT, amenities/decor are great, food pretty good. Only drawback is beach is not that great. You should read reviews for the la Esmeralda for more details.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: baby friendly all-inclusive?

The Azul resorts cater to families with children. They have a lot of the equipment, toys, etc on site for your use. They are not a budget resort and may be too expensive for what you want to spend.

http://www.karismahotels.com/hotelsresorts