We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chateauguay quebec
Level Contributor
145 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

as a solo traveler, the weight of the luggage is very important as I can not share the load with anyone. I would like to bring back Mexican coffee bean.

Does anyone know if I will be able to find some at the duty free at the airport? that way it would not count if the luggage weight.

thank you

Sue with 25 days to wait

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

A good Question!

That's one thing I've never seen in Cancun is coffee for sale Prob because I'm not looking, or paying attn for it. Does not mean they don't sell it though. Just saying it's not like Jamaica, where they are selling Coffee everywhere. Specifically, "Blue Mountain."

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

I live in Cancun, but when I travel to USA I bringing coffee beans from there to here, is better quality & price.

In Costco USA you can find "Maya Route" Organic coffee beans, here in Mexico you cannot to find it

chateauguay quebec
Level Contributor
145 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

I have tasted coffee directly from Cuba, Honduras etc. I would like to try some that I bought directly in Mexico! well I will than what I can find!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

Yes - they sell very overpriced coffee at Los Cinco Soles in the airport. Not a duty free store - it is a Mexican craft store that has an outlet in all the terminals (at least 2 and 3). Coffee from Chiapas I think.

I always bring coffee back from Mexico - a great place to get it is the supermarket, if you can't find good artisanal coffee. A lot of time the tourism board shops sell coffee from the region.

1 lb of coffee will only add 1 lb to you bag.

They don't weigh your carryon usually - at least on US carriers and Air Canada (not sure about something like Air Transat if you're flying them). If you have room, I would stick it in there.

Remember, you will have used up some of your cosmetics, giving you more weight allowance to play with. I also leave books with the hotelier instead of bringing them home to reduce weight.

If I can schlep a kilo of coffee around Laos and Cambodia for 2 wks (yes, it fit in my rolling carry on bag), you can do it!

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 06 March 2014, 23:07
Cancun
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

I believe all best Mexican coffee goes out of the country

See this:

costco.com/5-Pound-Bulk-Ruta-Maya%c2%ae-Orga…

6. Re: Coffee bean at Cancun Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23