We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

We have a 1 year old and 4 year old and are looking for a nice beach with a pool with waterslides for my 4 year old. My 4 year old LOVES waterslides... so I am wondering which hotel would be better and has a better waterpark. It looks like Crown Paradise also has 2 larger waterslides but I can't tell if there is height restriction or if these would also be appropriate for my 4 year old. I know there is also an Adventure waterpark but the reviews of that beach seem subpar. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

My 3 girls now ages 13, 13,and 17 have grown up at the crown and the great parnassus.

We quit going to the crown when the great opened. The crown has a better layout as far as the facility and property.

Now that i have Said that, we quit staying at the crown when the great opened 7 yrs ago. Basically the crown was had gotten run down and needs a redo. Supposedly They have done some renovation. I doubt they have done enough to Bring it up to par w the great. Vaca after vaca, yr after yr hot rooms. The ac was terrible. It is One tbing to sweat all day, but no cold air at night. That was a deal breaker. That in conjunction w the the run down facility ran us off for good.

The great has the better water park and newer is better to us. Although the great p is not perfect it is way better. Newer facility, nicer rooms, cold ac in the rooms, better water park, and good food, etc...

In summary, we have lots of awesome memories and had lots of fun at the crown but will not return, ever. Basically, newer is better to us.

Not sure on the age restrictions for the kids and the water park, ive forvoten i ask my wife and get back on this. Tney have a kids club, and a baby club.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

Great p has the better water park in summary

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

The Great's kids club & waterpark is also the safest one ive seen in the HZ.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
337 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

We have been to both as well but we liked the CPC better than the GP. Our reason for liking the CPC more was the service which we thought was far greater than the GP. I have never gone with kids that were as young as yours but the first time we went my kids were 9 and 7 and they loved the CPC. That is why we keep going back. If the kids are happy we can be happy. I think the water park at the CPC for the little kids is really great as well as the kids club.

5. Re: Waterpark - Crown Paradise vs. Great Parnassus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18