We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

pittsburgh
9 posts
Save Topic
Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

Whenever we booked our vacation nobody told us that half of resort is closed for renovation. I called my travel agency LIBERTY TRAVEL and complained that we payed for something that is not there. Two restaurants, two bars etc. What we are getting is half of the ammenities we paid for. They are talking to apple and trying to find us some other place to go, but the one they offered is way out of our budget $250 more per person. What do you recommend I should do? Does anybone have Apple Vacation direct phone number?

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

It would be one thing if you had booked online yourself (caveat emptor) but if you're using a travel agent, they are supoosed to know things like that. I think Liberty Travel should pick up the extra cost of fixing this problem that they should have been able to steer you clear of in the first place.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

steelcity

The same thing happened to many people. MLT/Worryfree vacations booked trips to The Marriotts and they were no where near being ready for guests. In fact many tourists had to be moved to other hotels because of it. And the travel co. are either blowing You off or charging extra to change. That is way wrong.

Good Luck...

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

Ask them what is available in your price range. Of course they tried to get you to pay more $$$.

If you charged in on your cr. card, at least you have them on your side. Contant them and cancel payment. STart over with Funjet.

What resort?

pittsburgh
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

Thanks a lot for your help....I am even thinking of taking them to the court....It is not about so much about money, but if they want to charge me for an upgrade, why dont they give me a discount since the resort I paid for is not in a condition I they told me will be whenever I paid for it.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

steelcity

The Credit card company has a clause called a Fair act Clause.

It means that if a Airline or Hotel close or is not properly functioning you can get credit for the charge. I highly recommend You cancel on Your credit card. Call the CC now and let them know what's going on and they will send You the paperwork to fill out. Don't take any crap from Apple, they so s*ck and have screwed many tourist, especially this past year regarding Cancun and it's hotels....

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

Steelcity: Here are a couple of phone numbers for Apple direct that we used last year when we had a problem with a resort - there were a large number of us!

Apple President - Tim Mullin - 1-800-727-3550 (hit zero, Ext. 6521)

Lisa Sundahl - Client Services 1-847-640-1150 Ext 2423

Carol Vanbogart " " Ext 2404

We eventually were all compensated (tho not what we were first promised by the Area Manager at resort) - we all kept at them! BTW - we all went thru travel agencies and FYI, MY travel agency said I would get more satisfaction phoning myself than they would! Hopefully one or more of these numbers will help in your case. Cheers!

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

steelcity, which hotel are you referring to?

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

Unfortunately here, the El Pueblito is one of the lowest priced AI's in the Cancun Hotel District with frontage on the Caribbean. Hence, an escape from this resort booking situation may definitely entail some type of "upgrade price". The amenities available at the resort in the best of times are modest.

As to Liberty Vacations and Apple Vacations, I'm not sure from the post if you first booked through Apple and then were referred to Liberty or you booked through Liberty, an Apple Vacation package.

Regardless, the way I would proceed is to provide documentation to the effect that the resort is half operational, has recently had a major incident regarding Mexican National Tourists complaining of overcharges, services and level of amenities documented by the Mexican press. And, that based on the above, your research has indicated that the Hotel may not be properly utilized for habitation.

Obviously, there would be ongoing construction concerns as well.

In Liberty and Apple's defense, something I'm usually loathe to do in a tour agencies situation, a few of the Cancun Hotels had told agency suppliers that the specific Hotel was operational etc. when the hotels were just playing a game of wishful thinking or worse.

As noted in the previous posts, the El Pueblito wouldn't have been the first to do so.

Good luck in the situation ahead.

pittsburgh
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

I will try to talk to them tomorrow and see if they can let us pay like 40% of upgrade price and if not I will just go to El Pueblito (since we already took our vacations) and take them to court after we come back. I am pretty sure that we can easily win that case since they can't deliver what we agreed upon and what we paid for. It just suck that I will have to go through all that crapp for few hundred dollars. I really hope that they realize that it is in their interest too to be more accomodating. Thanks to all of you for you inputs.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple Vacation PROBLEMS ! Any Suggestions -Help Appreciated

If push comes to shove, tell them that you are going to dispute the charges on your credit card. Let them know what you next step is.

You are right and you will get this resolved.