We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car pickup and dropoff in different localities

Levin, New Zealand
2 posts
Save Topic
rental car pickup and dropoff in different localities

My wife and I are seniors wanting to rent a small car with pickup in Cancun,looking to touring south via Campeche,,Sanchristobal de Las Casas and drop off after a week in a town or city near the Guatamala border We do not seem to be able to rent on on location and drop off on another---- is there a workable solution?

Please advise

Thanks

Wilgret in New Zealand

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental car pickup and dropoff in different localities

It is possible but expensive - the one-way drop-off fees are large. I checked Europcar and they charge at least 900 USD for a pickup in Cancun and a drop-off in Tapachula (that's plus 40-50 USD a day rental). In any case I don't think your itinerary is workable in just a week. Cancun to Campeche is 6+ hours of traveling as is Campeche to San Cristobal. You will spend at least 3 whole days on the road not seeing very much at all.

Levin, New Zealand
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rental car pickup and dropoff in different localities

Thanks Steve, after my struggle to find a car we have decided to make do with busses and plane for the longer legs - but will make final decision when we get to Cancun (Isla Mujeres)

Best wishes

3. Re: rental car pickup and dropoff in different localities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18