We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally getting back to Mexico

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Finally getting back to Mexico

We leave tomorrow for our spring break trip with our two teenagers. Going to Catalonia Maroma this time, I know this is not the forum for it but this is my favorite forum and the Playa Maroma forum is always "dead".

Our planned February trip to Le Blanc just as a couple got crushed when all the flights from Buffalo got cancelled during the president's day weekend because of the ******* storm and no way of rebooking.

Even though Catalonia Maroma is supposed to have excellent free wifi, I probably won't do a live post since there is zero interest on their forum.

We are beach worshippers and can't wait to experience the Maroma beach for the first time.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

I remember reading when your other trip was cancelled. Glad you are getting to go this time. Enjoy the beach!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Thank you. Le Blanc was super classy and gave full refund without any hassle.

Can't say the same for United, still waiting for their "two billing cycles" to get my money back.

It's 20 degrees today and snowing, can't wait for the humidity in Cancun.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Yes, Mark...spring hasn't been able to take a foothold here either - snow in the forecast for tonight. We have three more weeks before we go.

Enjoy you vacation!!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Thank you. I think we will just miss the small storm hitting NYC tomorrow night. I hope they don't start with the pre-emptive cancellations again.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

We are getting snow tonight also... I've had it...

Queen Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
271 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Sorry about your missed trip! Did you have trip insurance? If so who did you go thru, if not how did you get money back from United? We have a trip panned In May and are worried abt a freaky early hurricane or tropical storm.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

We never get insurance. Never had any problems previous 14 trips to Cancun.

United cancelled our flights and couldn't get us there until five days later (super busy President's weekend), promised full refund.

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Mark if you are beach worshippers as we are your are going to love it there. The sand is so soft and the color of the water will memorize you. We live just north of Syracuse so I feel your pain with this damn weather! Enjoy your trip!

Queen Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Gracias, Mark!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally getting back to Mexico

Thank you.

It's a good thing we are early risers and wife likes to drink her coffee watching the sunrise so we get a palapa in the Privilege section.

I was worried after reading the reviews that they are not enforcing the Privilege section.

We are flying Jetblue, so directv most of the way there and free bags so packed our Keurig.