We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palace auctions

Ontario
Level Contributor
307 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
palace auctions

Has anybody any experience with the palace resorts auctions seen on that main auction site (not sure if you are allowed to mention it here). As I understand they are time share owners selling off weeks. The main selling points are the perks offered such as complimentary Concierge Level / Ocean Front Rooms and black wristbands (?) whatever that gets you. I'm curious as to what actually is offered on arrival to the hotel and if the offers are legit. Are there hidden fee's payable at the hotel or any other surprises. The prices seem pretty good if you do in fact get the top room categories.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: palace auctions

Do you mean Ebay?

Ontario
Level Contributor
307 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palace auctions

Yes ebay, I figured some censor would remove the post if you mentioned them.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: palace auctions

The only way members can make any money selling weeks are the weeks they may have acculated from :Referring" people. Most members can refer two couples over the course of a year an get a free week. Other members who have "Updated" their membership can refer four couples and get two free weeks. I assume they are selling these free weeks that they have received.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: palace auctions

But BobNH, with free weeks I assume there is still no room type guarantee? Or is this not true?

texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palace auctions

Absolutely incorrect. They are not selling their free weeks, they are selling referrals to earn free weeks. All monies are paid directly to the Palace of your choice. These members book guest at the members rate, which is a standard rate for all members. So not only do guest of members receive the member perks that come with the black VIP bracelet and the member price, they also get room preference and airport transfers are included. It is a very simple process. Tell them what week you want and which resort, they call and check availability, they booked the reservation in YOUR name, under their membership number, you call the resort and make the payment. You get your confirmation via email.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: palace auctions

My understanding is the free week earned isn't transferrable (actually I've been told that specifically by member services), so I agree with twinsmom1971 in the fact that it's just people selling their referral weeks, or perhaps their imperial weeks. That being said, I'd never recommend purchasing off of eBay just because once you pay and are booked, there is not really any recourse if you have issues or questions and the seller decides he's done his job and is done- which unfortunately many of us members have had to help people out that have had just that situation come up after going through eBay.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 04:28
Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: palace auctions

Most of the Ebay posters are Palace members selling Bonus Imperial weeks earned from referrals. The Palace Elite Bonus Imperial weeks ARE transferrable and unlimited for 1 yr. Members will try and earn as many as they can in the first year of membership or after an upgrade and sell the earned free weeks at a discount to offset the membership cost or upgrade. Most do not have a guaranteed room location but most will still receive preferential room assignment. If it was a member looking for a referral you would pay Palace Resorts directly. If it is a member selling an Elite Bonus Imperial or Imperial week you would pay the member.

texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: palace auctions

To answer the OP question, yes it is legit and I speak from experience. And I am not a member, but i do and have booked thru members who post on EBay and there are no hidden fees. If you have any questions you can send me a PM.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 11:25
Ohio
Level Contributor
532 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: palace auctions

I have also booked through members both on and off EBay.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: palace auctions

Cancunagogo,

What recourse do you have when using a TA Palace member or one from the various FB forums? Assuming you are paying Palace directly in either an eBay transaction or any other method of connecting with a member to book, I don't see any difference at all.