We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc - Which room?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le Blanc - Which room?

I think I finally decided on Le Blanc after long deliberation with their room prices.

Anyone stay in a Deluxe Resort view, Lagoon view, Partial Ocean view? Is there a big difference? If I might want to save some $$$ and book a Resort view. Hopefully it doesn't face a parking lot or something like that lol

Is the Le Blanc atmosphere stuffy? I will be visiting with my parents (50s-60s yo). Are there activities *included* in the room price to do? Except the gym/spa/lay by the pool?

How's the food? Is it really formal? Could I eat 2 dinners, each at a different restaurant, in ONE night? My parents and I are gluttons.

Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
389 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

At LeBlanc now. We are in a jr. suite, lagoon view. We only booked three weeks ago so there were no oceanfront rooms available. Our room is large with two balconies (one of them you can actually sit out on). I prefer an ocean view, but IMHO, we were barely in the room long enough for it to matter. If you want to save $$, get a lagoon view and sit on the beach everyday. The pool is nice but that aqua blue water is so beautiful!

The guests this week ranged from 30s-60s. Not stuffy at all! Everyone is so friendly. Treat the wait staff and butlers well, they WORK SO HARD! I know tips are included but a few pesos or dollars is nice.

Not many planned activities. Just all very chill. Do not miss the spa and take advantage of the hydrotherapy before your session. So worth an extra hour of your time.

All the food was excellent, except unfortunately the romantic beach dinner. The filet mignon was undercooked and the lobster was overcooked. Not worth it.

Have a great time! We're leaving tomorrow and I'm already looking forward to coming back!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

my3guys - What keeps you busy that you're not in your room all day? Have you ordered rooms service yet? Is the menu extensive?

Do you have pictures of the 2 views looking out your 2 balconies?

Washington...
Level Contributor
54 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

I would avoid the lagoon view if possible, the oceanfront is the way to go as its so close to the beach that the breeze and sound of the waves by night are just breath taking.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

dgirma1980- the the type of room that can hold 3 people is the Royale Deluxe which only offers resort, lagoon, partial ocean view.

I cannot get an oceanfront view since oceanfront view rooms only allow 2 person occupancy.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

Yes that is correct.....those are the only rooms with double beds. I would say a resort view would be lower and wouldn't have much of a view at all, lagoon view would give you just that a view of the lagoon which is surprising nice. Perhaps not as nice as the ocean but it is still very nice. Partial oceanview would probably mean instead of being closest to the the front facing the lagoon it would be on the back side with a bit of a view of the ocean. I am not sure what the difference in price is....really depends if you are desperate to see the ocean. There is also a beautiful pool on the front (road/lagoon) side of this resort so you may see that as well. Check out the pictures on here that people have taken and there are some of the lagoon side views.

If you go for a meal order something from each section and you may not feel the need to go any place else after. The do ask your room number when you go in but that is more so that the server will know your name. I am sure there is no issue with going to eat someplace else. Having a meal here however does take quite a while. You can also order room service any time!!!!

We were worried it would be too stuffy here for us but it was not at all. There was a really nice mix of people. Each week is different of course! When we were there a lot of people were there for wedding so they were having a great time. They were doing shots at the swim up bar...but in champagne glasses lol.

Each evening you will get a sheet that explains activities for the next day. They also have them on a screen outside of the elevators. There actually are several things going on during the day. Many things take place at the Moon pool on the lagoon side. They do not announce volley ball, water aerobics etc...no microphones blaring....just go to the area it says on the sheet. We saw people playing beach volley ball when we were there so there are things happening...you just need to look at the schedule. There are also wine tastings etc. Blancstage is a great bar too by the way! Things going on there at night like bands, karaoke etc. And the best martinis!!

Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
389 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

Never got a chance to order room service but the menu is quite good. Lots of choices, not just burgers and fries. The breakfast room service menu looks good and is a nice idea if you have an early flight out.

There are some activities but we chose not to participate in any. Just hung out by the pool and on the beach. Took bus to La Isla Mall and walked to Beach Palace afterwards for lunch one day, used the spa, listened to live music after dinner, ate lots of delicious food. f you time it right, you can probably eat an early dinner and a late dinner on the same night. Or maybe apps and entree at one and dessert at another.

Leaving in one hour and I'm so sad! :(

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

my3guys- thanks for the info! Was Le blanc worth the money? I read that they force you to go to the timeshare presentation and sometimes the service is lacking. It's around $1000 more than my other choices so was wondering if it's worth it.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

Le Blanc is a very special place that is for sure!!!! There are other lovely places too of course but it really is top notch. We also love Sun Palace for a great bang for your buck. It would not work for you as they only have king beds.

No worries about the "membership"...just said nicely but firmly that we are not interested in the membership and they will not bother you. We have gone to palace resorts 8 times and have never done it and don't plan to.

So no worries. Some people still get sucked into going to the free breakfast (hello...breakfast is already free) and then get mad as the full presentation takes at least 3 hours. Just don't do it!! No need to go anywhere with them. If it is like Sun Palace is now they will talk to you about the credits but that is all they need to do. This last trip to Sun Palace we didn't even talk to them! Some people go to get the extra free things and that is their personal choice. For me my vacation is too precious to waste hours to get a free bag or massage.

Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
389 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

Totally worth the money! We splurged because it was our 20th anniversary but plan to return every other year. We were approached twice on the same day to attend a presentation but kindly declined both times and were never asked again.

You and your parents will have a wonderful time. Everybody deserves to be pampered once in a while and this is definitely the place to do it. And don't worry about not having an ocean view. I think if we had had one, we would've spent the entire week in our room and missed out on everything LeBlanc has to offer.

Washington...
Level Contributor
54 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Blanc - Which room?

In all honesty whatever room you select you are going to have an amazing time, the Palace resort group is one of the best all inclusive resort companies and Le Blanc is their top tier property in Mexico. Like others have posted just stay away from the "club" pitch as its a horrible deal. A simple search o ebay will render several club owners selling several weeks of their club package that they were duped into getting (making financial decisions in an establishment thats giving you unlimited booze isnt very wise :) )