We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quality of wifi in Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Quality of wifi in Cancun

We have been at Catalonia Maroma Beach for a week and wifi has been amazingly good, even on the beach all the way by the water. Signal is stronger than my Fios back home, streaming Netflix movies and listening to Sirius on my ipad and iPhone without interruption.

Our last few trips to Cancun, wifi was pretty lousy even at Live Aqua and Secrets the Vine. Anyone been to Cancun recently noticed any marked improvement or is it our hotel?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

Mark - put down the iPad and enjoy the view of the turquoise Caribbean. It's better than anything you'll see on Lake Erie. Seriously - enjoy your vacation!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

Ipad is always down, I'm just listening to the movies on netflix or sirius radio with headphones and ipad stays in its cover.

We have been on the amazing turquoise beach every day from 5:30 in the morning till 5:30 in the afternoon, with a one hour walk on this amazing beach between 7 and 8 and two quick breaks for breakfast and lunch.

Wonderful Lake Erie just dumped 8 more inches of snow on Buffalo this past Saturday. We go home tomorrow.

I really do appreciate your concern though.

Thanks,

Mark

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

I know about the snow; my son sent me a pic Sunday morning of the several inches of the white stuff on his deck in E Amherst.

Have a safe trip home.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

Thanks.

I need to budget another trip to Beach Palace, the kids still talk about it.

The beach color here is exact same as Beach Palace, but sand is softer and probably a bit safer to swim in, you should look into Secrets Maroma next door.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

You know Mark, we keep saying we should try someplace different, but after about 20 trips to BP, we've become very comfortable there. I'm a creature of habit anyway, and I know what to expect at BP...good food, nice room, excellent service, good location. There is staff there that we've known for over 15 years, and we get treated very, very well. If it ain't broke.....

Are there better places that we'd enjoy as much or more? Maybe...maybe not. But I do know that we could do a lot worse than BP.

Looking forward to being back there two weeks from tomorrow.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

Great. Have a safe trip and I hope you get the same excellent weather we got.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

If no one can comment on improved wifi in Cancun, I am going to rebook my resort on Maroma beach which let's me listen to Sirius .

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

LOL, we stayed at Sandos Cancun the beginning of the month, right next to Secrets the Vine. Wifi was spotty. Barely was able to read an email on my balcony or in the room. Tried a few times on the beach so I could tease my sister with photos, but I could never get them uploaded. It was better in the lobby, but not consistant. Do you think it has anything to do with it being more conjested in the hotel zone?

How do your kids like CPM?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

Thanks Mark. I've never had any problems with connecting at BP....in room, balcony, pool, beach.....

10. Re: Quality of wifi in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:17