We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

What other resort(s) have you liked?

I'm looking for a 3 - 4 star FUN All Inclusive, no kids, with nice beach, and nice pool which you can see the beach from. Obviously, I'm describing the Golden Parnassus, but we have been there twice, and I'm just thinking I'd like somewhere I've never been before. I don't want to spend 4.5 or 5 star prices, so please don't give me names like Live Aqua, and such. I'm sure there are some great ones, but this is going to be an extra trip that we are sneaking in (we always go in February, and this one will be October) so we are trying not to break the bank.

Thanks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

Llisa mentioned a place in the playa area that was like a upscale Golden 6, 8 a yr ago. Cant remember the name to save my life.

Send her a PM and ask her the name, she will prob remember what I'm talking about.. I'd suggest scrolling thru her posts on her screen name, but there are prob to many to look thru. lol

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

"Llisa mentioned a place in the playa area that was like a upscale Golden 6, 8 a yr ago.

6, 8 months, a yr ago.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 01:16
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

Comparable resorts in my opinion...

Cancun Caribe Park Royal Grand - Probably even a little nicer than GP and maybe a little less.

GR Solaris

Barcelo Tucancun Beach

Along with the GP, the above 3 are, in my opinion, the best "bang for you buck" AI resort's in the Hotel Zone....

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

Yeah, but don't those all allow kids?

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

Ya, they do. Going to be hard pressed to find an AO comparably priced to GP. Grand Oasis Viva and Oasis Viva??? Think you talked about them already in another post???

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

If you are willing to venture out of Cancun, Catalonia Royal Tulum is AO/AI and it is priced similarly to GP. The beach there is supposed to be amazing.

I also think Privilege Aluxes on Isla Mujeres could work. It is substantially nicer than GP. It is not AO but depending on when you are going, you probably won't see many kids. They have no activities and only have king beds. The prices for PA have been going up lately but you may be able to score a package on Expedia. They also do lunchtime sales on Thursdays - these sales are announced on their FB page. Their standard rooms are very small but their suites are very large.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

Ah, I see you are going in October. That is a prime month for scoring a good deal because it is low season. You should be able to upgrade from something like the GP because February is high season. I don't know if you will see October deals until June or July.

8. Re: Q For Those Who Like the Golden Parnassus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:16