We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best option in our budget?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Best option in our budget?

We will be in Mexico for 9 nights August-September. It's myself, hubby and 3 daughters (4, 7 & 10). Below are the hotels I have found within our budget, if you have experience with any please give me some feedback on which would be your choice.

- Great Parnassuss (currently booked)

- Crown Paradise Club

- Grand Oasis

- Sandos Caracol (beach area was rocky last visit)

We are looking for an all-inclusive, clean, good food (we prefer buffet over sit down just for convience and time), enough to keep the girls busy swimming/playing all day (not sure if they would go in a kids club or not), decent drinks for me and hubby, soft beach. Also prefer to be no further than 30 min from airport.

Doesn't need to be 5*, we've stayed at Sandos Playacar and Caracol previously and enjoyed both.

From all my research it appears Great Parnassuss is the best option in our budget (that will accommodate 5 in one room) and based on my other preferences, but would love to hear others feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best option in our budget?

I do no know about the sandos, bu the great is waaaay better than the grand oasis or the crown

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best option in our budget?

Yes definitely the great Parnassus out of the group:)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best option in our budget?

Thanks Jenny! You're very helpful on this forum. :)

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best option in our budget?

Given the choices above, the Great Parnassus and/or the Crowne would likely be recommendation based on the ages of your children. I cannot recommend the Grand Oasis.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best option in our budget?

Thanks Cancunone.....I think you were the one that originally recommended Great to me which resulted in me booking it. Thanks!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best option in our budget?

Thanks danger. I'm very hesitant about Oasis, I've hear bad things about it, but only thru reviews. Wanted to see if anyone had any experiences they could share.

Do you know anything regarding the two waterparks/kids areas at Crown or Great?

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best option in our budget?

Thanks!! I like keeping up with it because Ive been a lot of places in Cancun and Punta Cana. Oddly enough never been to Florida! haha. I have toured the Crown Paradise and thought it looked good for kids, but the hotel is just not as clean and modern as GP :)

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best option in our budget?

We spent part of a day Great Parnassus when we stayed at their sister resort two years ago. Great Parnassus seemed BIG and has lots of options. It does have a bit of a shopping mall/cruise ship feel to it but everything seemed clean and well managed. We had dinner at the French restaurant there and the food & service was great. If your kids are busy with the Kids Club activities, you and your husband can enjoy the Adults-Only pool. It faces the lagoon, not the ocean, but it probably spectacular for sunset views.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best option in our budget?

Your kids will love The Great Parnassus. And if your kids are happy, you'll be happy -stick with the GP.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best option in our budget?

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna stick with GP.