We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on procrastination!

Ohio
Level Contributor
532 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on procrastination!

I am awful at packing in a timely fashion. Every year it seems that I am up until the wee hours washing and packing. How can I avoid this? It is such a vicious cycle! We leave for LeBlanc on Saturday. Technically Friday since we are staying in a hotel at the airport the night before.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on procrastination!

Start packing tonight. Perhaps make a list and at least gather everything in one spot. Get most of it done my Monday evening.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on procrastination!

Start by getting a grip.

3. Re: Advice on procrastination!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 16:15
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on procrastination!

PalaceResortsM..... You can't promote yourself here... Goodbye....

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,558 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on procrastination!

Palace joined today and is sending out blanket ads everywhere in multiple forums

TA: Please delete

Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
425 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on procrastination!

For a few weeks before any trip, I leave an open suitcase on the floor of my bedroom and toss things in there that I know I will pack (I do this for my kids as well). During that time, I (they) don't wear anything in that suitcase because I don't want to end up having to do laundry the night before vacation. Then the only thing that needs to be done is refolding and organization of the clothes that have been tossed in. Of course I add/subtract what is necessary. I also keep a packed toiletry bag in my closet so I can just toss that in as well.

Have a fabulous time at LeBlanc! Hubs and I were there in March and it was heaven on earth.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on procrastination!

#FirstWorldProblems

chicago
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on procrastination!

I keep a carry-on packed with two-days' worth of clothes, swimsuits, and toiletries in the back corner of my closet. When i get back from a trip, I replace everything I've used up or needs washing, then store it for the next trip.

About two weeks before, I set an open suitcase on the floor of my bedroom, and every time I think "Oh! I should take..." I throw it in the bag. Then, the night before my trip, I go through it and just make final "edits."

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on procrastination!

I have a packing list that I made years ago, adding/subtracting by trial and error, finally think it's just about right. Like some of the above suggestions, I start picking things out ahead of time and placing them aside and as it gets closer to the time we leave, I will start putting things in the suitcase. As I do this, I check them off the list. You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget what you have already packed and you don't want to go digging through things when it's time to shut that suitcase. Our checked bags are usually closed and put aside a few days before we leave, while our carry ons stay open for last minute items.

Ohio
Level Contributor
532 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on procrastination!

Many thanks to those who actually gave a thoughtful response as opposed to a snarky comment. Since I was off today, I have spent all day doing laundry. I forgot to mention that not only am I packing for hubby and me, but our two sons. They aren't going, but will be with relatives.

Suitcases are out and I am packing as I fold laundry. This is a first...lol