We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting through DFW going to Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
874 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting through DFW going to Cancun

Our flight arrives at Terminal C Gate 31 and it departs at Terminal D Gate 16. Flight arrives at 8:10 and departs at 9:20 for Cancun. How far are the terminals apart and will we have enough time without hurrying? I know we ride a tram of some sort but just want to make sure. Thanks all.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

Here you go

http://www.dfwairport.com/terminals/

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

If you click on the terminal listings at the far left you can see shops and eateries. You may decide to walk if you want to get something to take on the plane. I believe that you need to walk to the smaller numbered C gates to get to the opening for the D concourse but verify.

Edited: 26 May 2014, 05:07
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

You should have enough time, but not a lot of time to spare. You'll want to catch the terminal link train. Before you land check out the DFW airport layout in the back of American Way magazine. Land, depart, and take the train over to Terminal D.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,648 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

Good advice from BD. You will likely have just enough time. Do familiarize yourself a bit with the airport prior to arrival.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

Out of all the airports I have stopped at DFW is the best. Very easy to get around and with a lot of great restaurants.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

nanaof5, PLEASE PLEASE check the monitors upon your arrival into DFW, just to make sure that they have not changed the departing gate number for you flight to Cancun.

I agree with all of the good advice about getting familiar with the terminals (either online or at the back of the onboard American Airlines magazine). Do not dawdle and you should be fine.

¡Se diviertán!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

They have a train that runs between terminals every few minutes. Very fast n efficient! As others have said, no time to dilly dally around though. Hopefully ur flight will be on time too. That will be the hinge pin on i making the connection.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

From the airport maps, it looks as if there is a skylink at C32 and one really close to D 16. That really should help. Thanks everyone. I have copied the maps of C & D terminals so I'm ready to go. I will be making sure the gates haven't changed.

9. Re: Getting through DFW going to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:15