We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

Ask away, we toured a few different room categories, looked at all menus, used the spa, Riu Caribe, busses from there and loved our stay. A few things we didn't love but one of my favorite stays of many in AI's. Will be happy to answer:)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

just curious as to what you didn't love ?? Thanks

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

The pool bar was spring break for 35 - 50 year olds, literally. I felt like I was in South Beach with everyone very drunk and making out like crazy. The fish was not good at Kulinarium for my hubby and in fact was totally awful. They had a small room service menu (even smaller than other Riu Palaces). But that's about it. I realize you can't control everyone at a resort and sometimes that happens and to be fair to the resort, the lifeguard was going to kick out some of them if they didn't stop practically having sex near people (and I'm not kidding at all). The fish was way undercooked and after asking about it was told it was supposed to be that way, but it was so runny I wouldn't have eaten it for fear of getting sick and he didn't.

We did have a wonderful time, but those are just some small things. I also don't love the overly modern feel of it, but we knew that going in and knew it was going to be ultra modern, so were expecting it.

I do have to say that it was by far the cleanest resort I have ever seen and if you like modern, it was super nice.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

Maybe it's a RIU "thing" cuz at RIU cancun last summer I was stalked by drunk 20 year olds in pool bar. :-).

4. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 17:54
5. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 17:54
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

What is the hierarchy for the Riu properties in Cancun, from nicest to least nice?

Chicago
Level Contributor
209 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

Did you grab the bus to go anywhere (shopping, clubs)? Does the hotel offer to take you to any clubs at night? Did you make dinner reservations as soon as you got there? Thanks for the help :)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

Are there a lot of kids there? Specifically, kids in strollers and kids all over the swimming pools?

Did you go to the beach bar, and if so - how was that?

What did you think of the RIU Caribe?

9. Re: Back from Riu Palace Peninsula and enoyed, Any Q's?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16