We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone JUST BACK from Cancun?? and or Costa Real/ Grand Cari

NY
Level Contributor
688 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone JUST BACK from Cancun?? and or Costa Real/ Grand Cari

Hi! We are tryign to book for early this winter and I want to know what condition Cancun is in in general./ such as downtown flea markets, La Isla Mall, etc. We havent been since before the hurricane and see alot of places are under construction and a mess. Please give us your feel on how things are there at this point.

ALSO..if you stayed at COSTA REAL OR GRAN CARIBE REAL how they are looking...thanks!!!

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone JUST BACK from Cancun?? and or Costa Real/ Grand Cari

Aside from a few hotels, Cancun is up and running. Restaurants, malls, markets, tours, historical sites and discos are all open.

The hotels off the top of my head that are still under going construction are the Ritz, all the Palaces (except Moon), the Marriotts have some work going on but are open, the Hyatt Regency (October opening I believe) and the Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua. The Sheraton is gone and something else is going up. I may have missed a couple, but that's about it, everything else is at 100%. Come on down and enjoy!

Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone JUST BACK from Cancun?? and or Costa Real/ Grand Cari

If you do a TA search for the Costa or Gran Caribe in the forums, you'll find some postings from people who have stayed at one or the other in the past couple of months. Also if you read the hotel reviews you'll find info from those who have stayed recently.

3. Re: Anyone JUST BACK from Cancun?? and or Costa Real/ Grand Cari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 02:17