We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with intinerary

montreal
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with intinerary

Going to cancun and flying back also from cancun,January for 16 days,must see palenque,chichen itza,merida,tulum ,trawelling on budget like quiet places to relax between visiting ruins,need some sugestions what to see else

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,431 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with intinerary

Spend a day lounging in the sun on Playa NOrte Isla Mujeres

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with intinerary

On a budget? You'll find it a challenge to stay anywhere on the Maya Riviera.

I suspect you'll get more responses if you attempt an itinerary first after doing some research here on TA. If I had 16 days and, I assume, had never been to the region before, this is what I would do:

Bookend the trip along the Maya Riviera, two night at each end. Try Airbnb.com to find reasonable accommodations. That's four of 15 nights, leaving 11.

Two nights in Valladolid to explore that area, seeing Ek Balam, Chichén Itzá, cenotes, etc.. Down to 9 nights.

Five nights in Merida. Visit Uxmal, maybe see flamingos in Celestun. Lots of stuff to see and do. Now down to four nights.

Go to and from Palenque. Three nights. Me, I'd skip Palenque for this trip because it is so far away.

Have a great trip.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,091 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with intinerary

I would add Coba while staying around Playa del Carmen.

Are you familiar with the ADO bus system? It is a safe and inexpensive way to get to many of your destinations.

ado.com.mx

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with intinerary

You do realize the area you are trying to see is about the size of the US State of Maine, maybe even Michigan?? A lot of airport hopping and/or driving.

The time to figure that Itinerary would take a while, but AJ did a nice job with info provided.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,432 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with intinerary

As always, good information from EJ. . As he says, if this is important, ¨trawelling on budget like quiet places ¨

spend as little time as possible in the so called Maya Riviera. It is neither easy on the budget or quiet. To me, a shame to miss Palenque. While I really enjoy Coba and Ek Balam, I would skip them if it frees up time for Palenque

6. Re: Please help with intinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17