We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Two Girls 25 & 28 going to Cancun Sept 23-30. Looking at staying at either of the following hotels.

1) Riu Cancun

2) Riu Carbie

3) Gran Carbie Real

I read in some of the reviews that the Riu Cancun is with in walking distance to Senior frogs. Arent all the bars / clubs in that area.

Im tring to find out if we can walk to the bars / clubs from the Gran Carbie real.

We dont want to spend too much money on taxi's and buses.

Any info you can provide, good and bad reviews about the above hotels would be greatly appreciated. IM having trouble making a decision on where to stay.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,850 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Actually the bus is only 65 cents US each way so even if you rode a bus multiple times a day, it's rather cheap transportation.

The whole hotel zone is not "far" away from anything in downtown Cancun or the Hotel Zone. The bus fee is the same price if you are going one stop or downtown.

I'd say this isn't the criteria to use to choose your resort. It's kind of irrelevant. I'd choose based on the size, the food, the accommodations, the beach, etc.....

Cheryl

Toronto
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Hey thanks for your feedback.. I have checked the reviews for all three that im interested in and they are all good.

Thats why i wanted to find out the location relative to the night life. Also i wonder how late the buses run at night. If were out late the buses might have stopped and we will need a cab.

Have you stayed at either of the hotels i mentioned. I need help deciding.

The Gran Carbie Real is slightly cheaper then the Riu's but if i didnt have to pay for taxi's etc then i can stay at the more pricier resort.

Know what i mean???

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,850 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Have to admit I've never stayed at any of them. We own a timeshare at the Royal Resorts and otherwise have only stayed at the Omni. I do believe the buses run very late every night. Some nightowls will have to answer this one for you.

I know the Riu Cancun is across from Plaza Caracol which is right in the heart of the party area. You could easily walk from here.

I'd say start a thread with the name of these on the thread and people who have stayed at them will read and answer. I'm sorry I can't help you otherwise.

Cheryl

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

The Gran Caribe Real is within walking distance to Señor Frog's, I think you might have mixed up your info. The Riu Cancun is a good resort that routinely gets high marks from their guests. Another resort to consider would be the Riu Palace Las Americas which is next door to the Riu Cancun. It might be a better option, certainly one you haven't listed; and one more to consider is the Barcelo Tucancun.

Have fun planning your vacation,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancun Travel Survey Guide Book

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

I've stayed at both Riu resorts that you have mentioned.

I didn't really have a complaint about either one. I think the Riu Cancun's food was a little better, but that might be because I have stayed there more recently.

The buses run 24 hours a day, but both hotels are really walkable back from the club area, although I probably wouldn't recommend 2 girls walking all the way back to the Caribe late at night, even though it is very well lit and seems pretty safe.

SOUTH CAROLINA
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Hi Got 2 Travel 2

When you seek the info about the Hotels check for the location

on the map they have. You can see how close you are to the clubs.

I did not stay at a 5 star hotel last summer. It was more like a 2 or 3 star. It was the Hiott Regency. What a great location for clubbing>

The hotel was inexpensive and great friendly staff. I did not have one complaint. I do not think you will have any problems No matter which one of the three resorts you chose. You must go to Coco

Bongo at least once. Great music Awesome Shows be there early to catch the shows. Worth the wait on line

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Riu Cancun is a great choice for you girls...It has everything you need...The best part,is that you can easily walk back to your room...There is a 24 hr. sports bar at the RIU,in case you are a glutton....Nice calm beach,all the food and drink you want,Parasailing,Ocean view rooms,close proximity to Party Central,A Mall across the street,65 cent bus...I could go on...Focus on a hot deal at the RIU Cancun.....In case you have not done it,click on your Hotel on the middle left of this page,and read the reviews,or type in the search bar on the top left.........

Toronto
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

Thanks Everybody, i really found all your messages helpful. I think i have my heart set on Riu Cancun, but will check out the RIu Palace, it might me more expensive and over my budget. Im also going to Check the Hyatt Regency.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

I've stayed at the riu cancun and gran caribe. I would return to either one. It depends what is important to you. For me, I liked the Gran caribe better because the beds were more comfortable, waiter service at the beach and pool, hammocks on the balcony. Food at both resorts is comparable and so is liquor selection. I liked the sports bar at the Riu although the Gran does have a 24 hour lounge with food and drinks. Riu is closer to the clubs although I did walk to the club area from the Gran Caribe several times (10min walk)

10. Re: Resorts close to the Bars / Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 04:18