We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

We would like to do this tour with our resort credits but last time we were in Cancun we did our own thing with the ferry & rented a golf cart once there.

Would we be able to rent a golf cart & still use the transportation from Moon Palace or do you have to stay in the one place.

How long does the tour stay on the island

Thanks for any help

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

No, you don't have to stay at the beach club...Dolphin World....or whatever it's called. We always grab a cab from there and head to IM Palace and spend the day there....done it several times. We were there in April and did just that...and I think the ferry back to Cancun was at 5PM.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

Ferry to the Hotel Zone is at 5pm, ferry to Puerto Juarez runs until 11:30pm or so. Depends if you want to stay for drinks, sunset and dinner.

Essex
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

Thank you very much for youe reply, unfortunately we are unable to use the IM Palace as we have children with us, I think we can hire golf carts when we get off the ferry but not to sure, do you know what the beach is like at the beach club, it's quite a few years since I have been to Cancun but I seem to remember that the beach was very good on the island

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

Are you taking the ferry yourself or the tour? If on the tour, they land at Dolphin Discovery so you would need to rent a cab to go into town to rent the cart. Taxis on Isla are pretty cheap since the island is small. If taking the ferry, yes there are cart rentals nearby.

If you go to the Isla Mujeres forum, over in Top Questions there is one on golf cart rentals with names and locations. You cannot view the TQs from most mobile devices.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

We just returned with our family and did the Isla Mujeres excursion with the resort credits. It's a good value just for the transportation to the ferry. You then pay $6 per person for the ferry and they drop you off at the Dolphin Discovery place, where cafeteria lunch is provided. While the kids swam in the pool there, some of the adults in our party took a cab to downtown and rented golf carts for the day. The kids had a great time exploring in the golf carts. We then had enough time to go to the turtle farm, a wonderful beach called Playa Norte (rated top 10 on Tripadvisor), return the carts and make the 5:30pm ferry back and take tour bus back to Moon. We dropped my parents off at IM Palace while we took the kids to the beach. It worked out great.

Essex
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

Thank you very much for your post it will help a great deal

Thanks Brenda

7. Re: Isla Mujeres Tour Moon Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:17