We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

Asking for your help. We are staying in the hotel zone of Cancun. We are are between the middle and southern part of the seven at the Royal Caribbean. We are in need of restaurant recommendations. Last night we tried Captains Cove, not impressed. If any of you have been to Cabo and have eaten at Mi Casa, that is our desire. A nice upscale quiet family restaurant. We do not mind driving to downtown Cancun. We were thinking of trying Pancho Willys, but are skeptical. We would love your help. Thanks

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

If you didn't like CC don't bother with P&W it's the same place.

We tend to stick with more casual places, but here's some we like. I've been bad about keeping this up to date and expanding it.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i16138-BSQ_s_Di…

One place I haven't been to in ages, is Carillos is downtown. That might be worth an inquiry.

Generally when I think upscale, I think of Puerto Madero and the likes, Lorenzillos - if you get a seat out on the floating dock is nice, inside I find it feels crowded.

Hope this at least gives you some ideas.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

Have not been to the restaurant that you mentioned in Cabo but I did google their menu.

You may want to give Hacienda Sisal a try as it appears to be similar to the Mi Casa. Hacienda Sisal is owned by the Royal Resorts so you should be entitled to a discount since you're staying at one of their properties.

http://haciendasisal.com/

For other choices, this Site has some of the more upscale places:

http://www.cancunmenus.com/ (sample menus linked at Site)

Take a look at LABNA for authentic Yucatecan cuisine. It's one that we really enjoy.

There should be a hard copy of Cancun Menus at your Resort's lobby.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

Thank you for your help:)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

I was going to recommend Hacienda Sisal also. It's a favorite of mine and I go there every trip to Cancun. I didn't know about the connection to Royal resorts but always wondered why they ask me what resort I'm staying at when we arrive. I figured it may have something to do with a Royal Resort since there's one nearby the restaurant.

5. Re: Mexican restaurant similar to Mi Casa Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:17