We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When should I start watching the pricing??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
When should I start watching the pricing??

We are planning to go May 2015. Booking through Orbitz or Expedia (most likely). When should I start watching for the best pricing?

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

It's never to early to start checking prices. Pull the trigger when you get the price you like. I started looking at prices for our next trip, as soon as we got back from our last trip. To me, it's part of the fun.

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

Thanks Trucker. I have actually started watching a little bit but didn't want to waste my time or summer if the best pricing doesn't come out until 5 or 6 months before.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

Have you decided which hotel you want to stay at?

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

Not yet. .... I'm torn between Golden Parnassus, Barcelo Tucancun and perhaps Riu Cancun. But I'm open to any suggestions for someplace similar! !!!

At first he said it was the GP because he liked it there (he doesn't do change well at all) but now he's changing his tune because he wants to try a swim up bar. :)

Either way, I'm super excited! !!

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

I refuse to go to a resort without at least one swim up bar.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

Both had deals last week that where unbelievable, so I would say end of May start looking.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

I didn't miss the swim up bar at the GP, because of the Tiki bar, and the great service from the cocktail servers, Monica and Marina. BUT - I'd encourage you to try something new anyway, if you've already been to the GP --- also, May might still be busy, where you could be bumped.

Look at VIM - see if you can get a deal, that was a great resort.

Might be a little higher than what you're looking at, though -- although they do have deals sometimes. I've stayed at RIU's, not the Cancun however - but in my opinion, you can't go wrong with an RIU.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

I would start looking now too. One year I waited until we returned from our Feb. vacation to look for something for May and the prices, especially air fare were very high for that time. I ended up booking something for late Sept. As soon as Jet Blue releases their flights for late Feb. I will book, but I am looking now at the resorts. This was booking with Expedia.

Level Contributor
159 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

We just booked our trip for May of 2015 today! I have been watching prices for the last two weeks and today it was lower, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger!

In our experience (we vacation 2 to 3 times a year) prices for airfare only go up as it gets closer to the date.

Level Contributor
159 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When should I start watching the pricing??

Also we looked at Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia and the airline and hotel separately and Travelocity was the cheapest every day for two weeks...

Edited: 03 July 2014, 23:18